Ch. 264: Grandfather Qu's Arrival

Upon hearing Wang Kaiji's words, Du Lixun stepped forward and grasped Wang Kaiji's hand, choking with emotion as she said, "Doctor Wang, you must save Xiao Yu. She's still so young; something can't happen to her!"

Wang Kaiji nodded toward Du Lixun, saying, "We will do our best."

However, Du Lixun was still not reassured, "Doctor Wang, if my daughter undergoes a heart transplant, will she be fine?"

Wang Kaiji furrowed his brow. Why were the Chen family members so obstinate?

Wang Kaiji's good upbringing didn't let him leave, and he emphasized once again, "Madam Chen, the patient's current condition does not support a heart transplant. Her body is too weak, not only is she unable to endure it, but even if the surgery is performed, the success rate is less than one percent. It's no longer necessary."

But Du Lixun didn't take this in; she was somewhat delirious. "It's a trap. Doctor Wang, I believe in you. I will get a heart that matches my daughter's. You can definitely successfully perform the heart transplant and save my daughter!"

Wang Kaiji could only push away Du Lixun's hand, saying, "Prepare yourself mentally." With those words, he turned and left, instructing other doctors to issue a critical illness notice.

Ten minutes later, Du Lixun received the critical illness notice handed over by the doctor. In front of the doctors, she tore it apart, launching into a furious tirade.

Chen Qing stood in a corner, unmoved by the whole scene. Chen Yunsheng sat on a chair in the corridor, his face buried in his hands, his thoughts unclear until the phone in his pocket rang.

The person on the phone said something to Chen Yunsheng, and his face immediately darkened. Upon ending the call, he flung his phone away and, with red eyes, stared at Du Lixun, who was still arguing with the doctor.

Unable to contain his anger any longer, he stood up, pulled Du Lixun over, and slapped her fiercely across the face.

The slap left Du Lixun dazed; she covered her face, looking at Chen Yunsheng in disbelief. "You hit me! How dare you hit me?"

In response to Du Lixun, Chen Yunsheng delivered an even stronger slap. "Wretched woman!"

This action prompted Chen Qing to step forward, swiftly approaching to shield Du Lixun, pushing Chen Yunsheng back, and looking at him, saying, "Dad, have you gone mad?"

"Me, gone mad?" Chen Yunseng laughed. "Ask the wretched woman behind you how she deceived me. Ask her if the ten percent of shares in the Du family's hands are still there!"

The expression on Du Lixun's face froze instantly as she covered her red, slapped face, taking several steps back.

Finally, she sat on the ground, covering her face and crying uncontrollably.

In the end, Chen Yunsheng had found out. For so many years, he had unquestionably obeyed everything for the shares in her family's hands. Now that he knew those shares had disappeared, with Chen Yunsheng's temperament, it wouldn't be as simple as just giving her two slaps!

Chen Qing turned to look at his mother, "Mom, is what Dad said true?" His face was filled with disbelief. How could the shares in Mom's hands just disappear like that?

However, Du Lixun was only focused on crying and didn't provide any response to Chen Qing.

Chen Yunsheng, in anger, walked up to Du Lixun and viciously kicked her. Du Lixun was sent flying by the force of Chen Yunsheng's kick, crashing into the wall and stopping, overwhelmed by intense pain.

"Du Lixun, you dangle that ten percent of shares in front of me, making me do this and that for you, but now what? Your damn shares are gone! If it weren't for my people finding out something fishy, would you have kept deceiving me?"