Ch. 283: I Missed You So Much

Half a month later, under the attentive care of the doctors and Wei Chen, Fang Yun's condition improved. So Wei Chen went to ask the doctor, and only after the doctor said that Fang Yun's body could withstand the long journey did Wei Chen book three tickets to F Country.

During this past half month, Wei Chen's thoughts were on Fang Yun, but whenever he found a moment of calm, his mind was filled with Chen Li. He wished he could rush back to Chen Li, embrace him, say nothing, do nothing, just hold him to alleviate this growing longing.

This was the longest time Wei Chen and Chen Li had been apart since they got together. Previously, even a day apart felt like a constant ache of longing, let alone now, separated for more than half a month. Whenever Chen Li came to mind, Wei Chen felt overwhelmed with longing.

Of course, Wei Chen and Chen Li had video calls, but due to time differences, it wasn't easy to coordinate. Both refrained from initiating video calls out of consideration for each other.

Fang Yun noticed Wei Chen's emotions and took the initiative to bring up going to F Country, prompting Wei Chen to consult the doctor. The plan to go to F Country was set, but Wei Chen hadn't told Chen Li; he wanted to surprise him.

On the third day, Wei Chen and Wei Wei helped Fang Yun onto the plane bound for F Country.

At the moment of their boarding, Wei Zhenxiong finally set aside his pride and went to the hospital to visit Fang Yun, hoping for a reconciliation, realizing Fang Yun held something he needed, more than just Wei Wei's custody.

However, at this point, Fang Yun had already completed the discharge procedures and boarded the plane to F Country, leaving Wei Zhenxiong stranded in the hospital corridor, feeling a sense that he and Fang Yun could never go back.

Regardless of Wei Zhenxiong's thoughts, after a long flight, the plane finally landed at the LD Airport in F Country, now dusk in the country.

In the estate, Chen Yunlan specially prepared a table of good dishes for Chen Li. When he placed the final dish on the table, Chen Yunlan took off his apron and went to call Chen Li for dinner.

Chen Li was still painting. Upon hearing movement, he turned and saw Chen Yunlan approaching, saying with a soft smile, "Dad."

Chen Yunlan came over and massaged Chen Li's shoulders. "Xiao Li, it's time for dinner."

Chen Li immediately put away his brushes, washed his hands, preparing to eat as if everything was normal.

But Chen Yunlan knew that Chen Li wasn't in a good mood, especially since Wei Chen's departure. Chen Li's mood had remained in this state.

Once Wei Chen left, Chen Li's life resumed its routine. No more oversleeping in the morning, getting up on time, a walk around the estate, breakfast, an hour of TV, and then starting to paint.

When it's time, he'll come down for lunch, then take an hour's rest. After the nap, he'll continue painting.

Now is probably when Chen Li's inspiration bursts forth. He can finish a painting in a day or two, but unlike other artists, he doesn't paint for long or through the night to prevent a lapse that might drain his inspiration.

Chen Li now is like a wound-up machine, repeating the same routine every day. He knows his baby needs nutrition and doesn't want Wei Chen to worry, so he eats and sleeps. If there's any emotion in Chen Li now, it's just longing, a strong longing for Wei Chen.

Chen Yunlan feels a bit sorry for Chen Li, but he knows it's futile to say anything when Wei Chen isn't here. So, he silently cares for Chen Li even more and ensures the food is much better than before.