Ch. 211: Just Late

When Lu Wei received Wei Chen's message, he felt a little complicated.

He knew Wei Chen always considered the bigger picture. The entire marketing department striking without informing Wei Chen felt somewhat inappropriate to him. The result might put Wei Chen in a difficult position.

However, as he looked at the furious faces in the marketing department and saw their active response to the strike proposal, Lu Wei's rationality faded away. At over forty years old, he found himself filled with fervor.

He had anticipated that once Wei Chen learned about the strike, he would immediately call them back. So when he saw this message, Lu Wei wasn't surprised, just conflicted.

Go back to work?

If they did, what would be the point of their strike today? But if they didn't, would Director Wei be treated fairly?

Lu Wei thought for a long time, took a screenshot of the message, and sent it to the group.

Every employee from the marketing department was in the group. After seeing the text message sent by Wei Chen, the group remained silent. After a few minutes, someone finally spoke up.

[Should we go back to work?]

[Don't go back, why should we go back? They didn't feel guilty when they treated Director Wei, a hero, like this, so why should we feel guilty when we go on strike?] This message received agreement from many, the long-lost fervor making them both angry and passionate.

Amidst the radical voices, a rational one finally emerged -[But, will anyone misunderstand that it was Director Wei who asked us to strike? I think the reason why Director Wei was promoted and relegated secretly this time is because someone wants to mess with Director Wei. If we still go on strike, will it be detrimental to Director Wei?]

​[I think so too. Maybe our doing this really caused trouble for Director Wei? On the contrary, I feel that we already believe in Director Wei and believe that he has a way to get himself out of the predicament. We should stand behind him and support him silently, instead of crossing over him, thinking we are doing his best, and overcoming obstacles for him.]​ After the initial impulse, when reason returned, their thinking became deeper.

After these two messages, many fell silent.

Even the initially radical individuals slowly regained their rationality. Thinking that their strike might not change the outcome significantly and might even put Wei Chen at a disadvantage, many started to waver.

"Let's go back to work," Lu Wei messaged.

This time, no one opposed. Some had already started packing up, preparing to leave.

"Yeah, let's go back to work."

Seeing that most people in the group chose to return to work, the few who were still unsure reluctantly agreed because they also agreed with that rational statement.

Their strike this time might have been satisfying, but for their Director Wei, it was not necessarily advantageous.

*

In the conference room of Changfeng Group, as Chen Yunzeng was the last to arrive, the senior executives began discussing and planning how to deal with the collective strike in the marketing department.

Firing these people was definitely not an option.

Under Wei Chen's leadership, the marketing department had long become a solid force within Changfeng Group. They were efficient and yielded high returns. Giving up this team was absurd. In a short period, Changfeng Group couldn't find a team that could rival their efficiency. Moreover, dismissing everyone in a department was unrealistic for any company. So, the focus of this meeting was on how to call them back and give them a significant blow, making them realize that the company's rules were not to be easily challenged.