Ch. 242: Like a Dream

Wei Chen had stayed awake all night. Even now, he didn't feel the slightest bit of sleepiness. He kept close watch on Chen Li's condition.

Every time Chen Li made a move, Wei Chen noticed, instantly tensing up and anxiously looking towards Chen Li.

Chen Li had long eyelashes that were now trembling slightly. Shortly after, he opened his eyes. A sense of confusion filled his wide gaze. When he met Wei Chen's concerned eyes, Chen Li seemed stunned for a long moment, as if recalling something. Suddenly, he sat up and tightly embraced Wei Chen, as if a drowning person clinging to the last piece of driftwood.

"Li Li, I'm here," Wei Chen held Chen Li tightly, comforting him with gentle and soothing words.

Chen Li began to cry, suppressing his sobs heavily. Tears flowed like a spring, wetting Wei Chen's clothes instantly, but he didn't let out a sound, biting his lip to stifle his cries.

Wei Chen's hand gently caressed Chen Li's back, soothing him, quietly staying by his side.

After a while, Chen Li gradually eased from his uncontrollable weeping. He moved away from Wei Chen's embrace, his eyes red from crying, looking at Wei Chen. A sad expression appeared on his face involuntarily. "Achen, I had a dream. A very long dream where both you and I died in the end. The dream felt so real. If I hadn't woken up to see you, I would have thought I was still living in that dream, leaving with you."

Wei Chen's actions paused momentarily at his words, then he continued to gently stroke Chen Li's back, saying, "It's okay. It's just a dream, a dream that can never come true."

Like a dream, it dissipated from then on.

Chen Li nestled in Wei Chen's arms, finding immense comfort in Wei Chen's presence. He held onto Wei Chen's waist firmly. "Mm, I know it's a dream because you're by my side."

"I'll always be by your side," Wei Chen embraced Chen Li again.

'This time, I won't let the scenes from the dream repeat themselves. I will keep holding your hand until we grow old.'

Wei Chen lightly kissed Chen Li's forehead, filled with deep affection.

Several minutes later, Wei Chen took a shower and walked out of the room, holding Chen Li's hand.

In the living room downstairs, several people were seated, all worried about Chen Li and waiting for him to wake up.

Chen Li was unaware of what had transpired during the time he was "asleep." When he saw Lan Xiping, he was evidently surprised. He let go of Wei Chen's hand, walked over to Lan Xiping, and with widened eyes, asked, "Xiping, how come you're here?"

Lan Xiping immediately realized that Chen Li was unaware of what had happened the previous night and casually made up an excuse, "Just came to Shanghai for sightseeing with Jiang Ye and found out you were here, so came to check on you."

"Really?" Chen Li's eyes instantly lit up, sitting next to Lan Xiping and engaging in an enthusiastic discussion.

Seeing Chen Li in this current state, everyone heaved a sigh of relief. It seemed that Chen Li hadn't been affected by the hypnosis.

Mr. Reinhert indeed lives up to his reputation.

Grandfather Wei descended from the stairs and upon seeing the scene in the living room, noticing the cheerful Chen Li, he slightly furrowed his brows.

"Achen, come with me!" Grandfather Wei's gaze then fell upon Wei Chen, sharp and intense.

Wei Chen met his grandfather's eyes, coolly and icily replying, "Grandfather, if there's something, you can say it here."