Ch. 214: Chen Li Missing

The photo was obviously taken secretly, a bit blurry, but undeniably a picture of Chen Li. The person who sent this threatening letter even drew a big cross over Chen Li's face with red ink on the photo, making the threat very clear. The moment Wei Chen saw the photo, he felt like the air around him had been sucked away. His breathing became rapid, his mind went blank, and he didn't even know when the photo slipped from his hand.

However, Wei Chen quickly regained his composure. He had lost count of how many deep breaths he took to calm himself down. Once he managed to hide his emotions completely, he picked up his phone and called Chen Li.

However, the call went unanswered, and the voice from his phone indicated that the other person's phone was turned off.

Maybe it was just out of battery and turned off.

Wei Chen consoled himself this way internally. He then found Zhuge Yu's number in his contacts and dialed it. Without waiting for Zhuge Yu to speak, Wei Chen asked, "Has Li Li returned home?"

Zhuge Yu could sense Wei Chen's urgency in his tone, and his heart skipped a beat. "Xiao Li has returned home. Why, hasn't he arrived yet?"

"I'll go and check." Wei Chen said this and hung up the phone. He was about to stand up and rush home when suddenly his legs went weak, and he sat back down in his office chair. Somehow, Wei Chen was drenched in cold sweat without knowing when. His whole body felt weak.

A feeling of worry named 'worry' kept swirling in Wei Chen's heart. He repeatedly reassured himself that Chen Li would be fine. However, the sensation of his heart being emptied continued to be intense. Every heartbeat felt like a knife dancing in his chest, causing sharp, painful sensations.

Wei Chen didn't pay much attention to this feeling. After calming down a bit, he stood up again and, holding the keys, rushed to the elevator. He happened to meet Sheng Jiaqi, who was also leaving work.

Although Wei Chen had a seemingly calm and expressionless demeanor at this moment, Sheng Jiaqi had sharp eyes. With just a glance, he saw through Wei Chen's nervousness and urgency. He could even feel that Wei Chen was about to collapse, as if something major had happened. "Achen, what's wrong?" Sheng Jiaqi asked in concern.

Wei Chen didn't answer. He simply handed the threatening letter to Sheng Jiaqi.

Sheng Jiaqi opened the envelope, and upon seeing the photo inside, his brows furrowed, and his pupils contracted in disbelief. "This... Is Chen Li okay?"

"I don't know," Wei Chen said, his eyes vacant but filled with worry, and his body trembling slightly.

"Achen, hold yourself together for now," Sheng Jiaqi comforted. "Chen Li will be fine." This was the first time Sheng Jiaqi had seen Wei Chen so helpless. In his eyes, Wei Chen had always been confident, unfazed even when faced with insurmountable challenges. He could calmly conquer them all. But now, he saw a nervous and helpless Wei Chen, almost in a state of panic.

"Yeah, I want to go check his school." Wei Chen used tremendous self-restraint to suppress all his emotions here. Presently, he looked just like his usual self, but Sheng Jiaqi noticed Wei Chen's trembling hands that he couldn't control.

"Okay, I'll give you a ride to Q University," Sheng Jiaqi said. Given Wei Chen's current state, he was not fit to drive.

"Thank you, Uncle Sheng," Wei Chen knew what state he was in at the moment and didn't insist on driving himself.

During the drive, Sheng Jiaqi made a call to his home. He had promised Wei Hua and Cookie to go out for dinner yesterday, but now it seemed they wouldn't be able to make it on time. He had to call and explain the situation.