Ch. 240: Wei Chen Went Crazy

At this moment, the members of the Chen family standing in the hall did not expect Chen Yu to collapse like that. They gathered around, and Chen Qing, in particular, rushed forward, grabbing the family doctor by the collar and pulling the person closer.

"Quick! Hurry, check on her!" Chen Qing shouted.

Despite the doctor's initial annoyance, considering it was a matter of life, the doctor's duty compelled him to patiently provide emergency aid to Chen Yu.

Because Chen Yu had previously feigned illness, Chen Qing had already called for emergency assistance. Thus, the ambulance arrived quickly and whisked Chen Yu away.

Naturally, the Chen family was anxious. Apart from Chen Qing and Du Lixun, who went along with the ambulance, Chen Yunsheng drove and followed the ambulance.

As for the Mid-Autumn Festival reunion banquet, with Chen Yu falling ill, it was no longer necessary to hold the event.

As the ambulance departed, the hall suddenly quieted down. Chen Shihuai sighed and, supported by the butler, made his way back to the main building. He was uncertain about Chen Yu's condition and had lost his appetite for food.

Due to Chen Yu's sudden illness, the festive atmosphere of the Mid-Autumn Festival was lost in the Chen family.

However, in the Wei family, Grandfather Wei seemed to be in good spirits, even though this year's Mid-Autumn Festival was not as lively as before.

Around the dining table, members of the Wei family gathered, and Wei Yan also hurried back before dinner. The atmosphere was quite harmonious.

Throughout the gathering, Wei Yan treated himself as if he were a statue, focusing only on eating. Occasionally, his gaze fell upon Xu Ruru, displaying a curious look. Wei Yan's curiosity wasn't particularly strong, but Xu Ruru's sudden appearance was quite unexpected. It was the Mid-Autumn Festival, and she had no direct association with the Wei family and rarely interacted. How did she suddenly appear at the Wei family's reunion dinner?

Furthermore, Grandfather and Uncle Zhenxiong's overly favorable treatment of Xu Ruru was quite astonishing. During the meal, they were very attentive to Xu Ruru. Of course, Wei Yan had to admit that Xu Ruru was quite resourceful; otherwise, she wouldn't have managed to please Grandfather and Uncle Zhenxiong with just a few words.

Several times, Wei Yan's gaze met Xu Ruru's, but she didn't display any disgust despite Wei Yan's impolite scrutiny. Instead, she smiled quite amicably at Wei Yan.

Finally, Wei Yan could only retract his gaze and earnestly focus on eating.

Certainly, Wei Chen and Chen Li did not integrate into this "harmonious" scene. Wei Chen had been taking care of Chen Li the whole time, resulting in Chen Li overeating by the end of the reunion dinner, while Wei Chen himself was only eighty percent full.

Grandfather Wei took the water glass handed by the butler, rinsed his mouth, wiped away the water stains from his lips with a towel, and then said, "Zhenxiong, Achen, Wei Yan, come to the study with me. I have something to discuss with you." With that, he got up and left the dining room, followed promptly by the steward.

Wei Zhenxiong and Wei Yan followed shortly after, but Wei Chen intended to escort Chen Li back. However, Chen Li stopped him, "Achen, I'll go back on my own."

"Alright, wait for me in the room. I'll be back soon." Despite the people around, Wei Chen leaned down and kissed Chen Li's lips before heading to Grandfather Wei's study.

Chen Li also stood up, ready to return to the room.

"Hey."

At this moment, a voice called out to Chen Li.