Ch. 237: How Similar They Are

Chen Yunlan stopped in front of Chen Li's painting for a few seconds and then walked away. There was no expression of admiration or disgust on his face. No one could discern how he evaluated the painting, but nobody was foolish enough to ask Chen Yunlan for his opinion.

Some people wanted to approach and greet Chen Yunlan, but as soon as their steps began, they were pulled back by their friends. Chen Yunlan's reputation in the art world was not very good. Despite his international fame, whether it was his severed ties with Master Sun or his reputation for promiscuity, it made the generally self-righteous individuals feel naturally distant from him. To these people, it seemed like having any association with Chen Yunlan was an insult, generating aversion.

So, even though Chen Yunlan held a high international status, his position within this circle in his home country was rather awkward. However, Chen Yunlan didn't care about these things. He didn't care about what others thought. In his heart, life had lost all meaning, so what significance did the opinions of others hold?

Chen Yunlan took a look around the non-traditional Chinese painting section and eventually returned to the traditional Chinese painting section. At a glance, he spotted another painting displayed by Chen Li in the traditional Chinese painting section. Chen Yunlan could tell at once that this painting and the one he had just seen in the non-traditional section came from the same artist's hand.

And this artist was probably Master Sun's favored disciple.

Indeed, the quality of this traditional Chinese painting was exceptionally high, worthy of being considered Master Sun's favored disciple's work.

The theme of this painting was no longer hope; the river rushed down from where the sun rose, a lone sail hung over the waterfall, and with a few light and clear strokes, it created a thrilling scene. It seemed like at any moment, this solitary sail could drop from the waterfall and shatter into pieces.

Chen Yunlan stood in front of this painting for a long time. In his eyes, this lone sail should fall from the waterfall at this very moment. There was nothing worth persevering for. To die so easily, wasn't it a kind of release?

"Master Sun."

At this moment, a few respectful calls came from behind Chen Yunlan. Master Sun, Sun Ruocheng, was walking toward him.

Chen Yunlan turned upon hearing the call and saw an elderly man with entirely white hair approaching him. Compared to over a decade ago, he had indeed aged. Not only had his hair turned completely white, but even his gait was no longer as steady as before.

Yes, over a decade had passed, and he had grown old. Chen Yunlan couldn't help but feel a sense of nostalgia.

Seeing this situation, Zhao Liyou's gaze sharpened; the moment had finally come. Zhao Liyou knew that a tense confrontation was about to unfold. The master and disciple, whose relationship had been severed for more than a decade, were meeting now. Nobody could predict what might happen.

In his heart, Zhao Liyou was worried for Master Sun. He wasn't sure if an elderly man like Master Sun, who was well past his prime, could handle the shock. He had to be prepared to call an ambulance in case Master Sun had any issues later.

However, the situation Zhao Liyou had anticipated did not occur. When Master Sun saw Chen Yunlan, his emotions remained quite calm. He nodded at Chen Yunlan and said, "You're back?" He still had that benevolent appearance, and no one could discern what Master Sun was thinking at that moment.

"Yes, I'm back," Chen Yunlan responded in a similarly calm manner. His gaze then landed on the young man standing beside Mr. Sun. "Master Sun, I suppose this is your disciple..."