Ch. 253: Hospital Chaos

Sheng Jiaqi's question was abrupt and without context. Wei Chen paused for a moment before realizing what Sheng Jiaqi was asking. He looked at Sheng Jiaqi with a puzzled expression and said, "Uncle Sheng, why are you asking me this?"

"Cookie went to Shanghai yesterday, right? He saw a photo of an old acquaintance who bore a striking resemblance to Chen Li, and this person also had autism. So, Cookie became curious and wondered if Chen Li could possibly be this person's child," explained Sheng Jiaqi.

After leaving the graveyard, Cookie seized an opportunity to inform Sheng Jiaqi about his findings, hoping that Sheng Jiaqi could investigate further, as Sheng Jiaqi had a wider network compared to Cookie. However, Sheng Jiaqi didn't disclose to Wei Chen that this acquaintance was from the Qu family. It wasn't a matter of distrust in Wei Chen but due to the sensitive nature of his father-in-law. Until the matter was clarified, the identity of Mr. Qu couldn't be revealed.

"Li Li isn't Chen Yunsheng's biological son," Wei Chen disclosed without hiding the truth. "He is Chen Yunlan's son."

Sheng Jiaqi looked surprised. "Chen Yunlan's? Are you sure?"

Wei Chen nodded.

"If he's Chen Yunlan's son, why did Chen Yunsheng publicly claim him as his illegitimate child and raise Chen Li?" Sheng Jiaqi couldn't comprehend.

"Because Chen Yunsheng wanted Li Li's heart to save his daughter," Wei Chen disclosed the entire truth since it was already mentioned.

"What!" Sheng Jiaqi looked at Wei Chen in disbelief. "How could Chen Yunsheng be so vicious? To exchange hearts, to change identities, he could even think of such a thing!"

"So, your recent leave was related to this? Did Chen Yunsheng target Chen Li?" After the initial surprise, Sheng Jiaqi guessed that Wei Chen was the only person who could request extended leave. Chen Li must have been in trouble for Wei Chen to do so.

Considering this news and the situation, it seemed that the Chen family had targeted Chen Li.

"Yes, the Chen family targeted him," Wei Chen confirmed.

Having received the confirmation, Sheng Jiaqi furrowed his brows deeply. Chen Li must be safe, regardless of whether he's his brother-in-law's son or not.

"You must protect Chen Li. If you encounter any difficulties, tell me, I'll help you solve them!" Sheng Jiaqi offered his support, tapping his chest.

"Thank you, Uncle Sheng," Wei Chen accepted the gesture.

"Alright, you can go now." Having understood the situation, Sheng Jiaqi didn't want to delay Wei Chen's work any longer and allowed him to return to work.

"Okay, I'll head down now," Wei Chen said, turning to leave.

Sheng Jiaqi sat back in his seat, deep in thought.

Chen Li is Chen Yunlan's son, resembling his brother-in-law by 80%, which raises the question: could Chen Li be the child of Chen Yunlan and his brother-in-law? After all, some men from the Qu family carry specific genes that facilitate fathering children, as seen in his son, Cookie.

Sheng Jiaqi made a phone call, which was answered shortly after. "Help me investigate Chen Yunlan, especially about twenty-two years ago," Sheng Jiaqi requested.

The person on the other end of the call nodded in agreement. Although investigating events from twenty-two years ago could be challenging, since Sheng Jiaqi had requested it, they would strive to uncover some information.

After getting a satisfactory response, Sheng Jiaqi hung up the phone and resumed his work. However, his thoughts were preoccupied with Chen Li. If Chen Li was indeed Qu Ran's child, what had transpired between Chen Yunlan and Qu Ran? What role did the Chen family play in this matter? Was the relationship between Chen Yunlan and Qu Ran genuine? Did Chen Yunlan know in advance about the Chen family's plan to use Chen Li as a heart donor?