Ch. 268: Shareholder's Meeting

I've finished it," Chen Li said to the two relatives on the sofa.

Chen Yunlan and Grandfather Qu finished their conversation and walked over to Chen Li. Their gaze fell upon the painting Chen Li had just completed, revealing a stunning expression.

It was undeniably an ordinary, even mundane, picture. But when painted by Chen Li, it seemed as though it had been endowed with a soul, possessing a power that struck directly at the heart.

"Very good!" Grandfather Qu observed the painting, expressing his admiration with three consecutive words, overflowing with delight.

Chen Yunlan also looked at the painting with great satisfaction. In fact, during these past few days together, he realized that not only had his son entirely inherited his talent but had even surpassed him in terms of creativity and emotional control over the art.

Chen Yunlan was immensely proud. His son was indeed outstanding!

Of course, Grandfather Qu was also proud. After spending the day together, Grandfather Qu found everything about Chen Li exceptional. Seeing this painting now only heightened his sense of pride. 'Look, this is my grandson, so talented!'

Chen Li could see from Grandfather Qu's expression how much he admired the painting. So, he took it from the easel and handed it to Grandfather Qu, smiling, "Grandpa, this is for you."

Grandfather Qu joyfully took the painting. He planned to have it framed by the best framer in the capital before leaving.

This painting was different from the previous one. The previous painting was bought with money, but this one was a gift from his grandson. Although both were worth treasuring, the meaning of this painting to Grandfather Qu was incomparable.

Wei Chen walked in and witnessed this heartwarming scene. Whether Grandfather Qu or Chen Yunlan, their love for Chen Li was evident on their faces. It was a kind of affection that wished to give him the best in the world. Wei didn't think this love was excessive at all. His Li Li was the best in the world and deserved to be loved this way.

Wei Chen walked over to Chen Li, ruffled his soft hair, and said, "I've already bought the tickets. The plane is scheduled to leave at noon the day after tomorrow."

Chen Li nodded.

Chen Li's unborn child was truly a resilient baby. If it were anyone else, falling down the stairs during pregnancy would likely lead to a miscarriage. However, Chen Li's baby not only survived but also recovered remarkably quickly. When Wang Kaiji came to check on Chen Li's condition, he couldn't believe what he saw.

"So soon?" Grandfather Qu evidently couldn't accept that Chen Li was leaving for abroad so early. He wanted to spend more time with Chen Li.

"Grandfather, Achen and I will come back with the baby to visit you," Chen Li reassured Grandfather Qu earnestly.

Grandfather Qu felt like his heart was melting, imitating Wei Chen's gesture to rub Chen Li's head. Unexpectedly, it felt comforting, and he almost didn't want to stop.

"Alright, Grandpa will wait for your return," Grandfather Qu said with a beaming smile, radiating an expression full of affection.

*

After Chen Yunsheng left the ward, he inquired along the way and finally discovered the reason for Chen Yunlan's presence at the hospital: Chen Li was admitted, and Chen Yunlan came to visit him.

Have Chen Li and Chen Yunlan possibly recognized each other? Chen Yunsheng speculated in his mind as he walked toward Chen Li's ward that he was directed to.