Ch. 277: Crisis Averted

Faced with Chen Yunlan's anxious questioning, Lan Xiping weakly lifted the corners of his lips and said, "I lived up to expectations."

When these four words reached Chen Yunlan's ears, he was momentarily confused. He didn't know what these four words meant. He stared at Lan Xiping, hoping for a more straightforward explanation.

But it wasn't that Chen Yunlan didn't know the meaning of these four words. It was just that, for a moment, he couldn't believe it. Coupled with not having slept for twenty-four hours, his mind was a bit muddled, and he couldn't grasp the meaning right away.

"I have successfully removed the psychological suggestion from Chen Li's mind. Soon, Wei Chen and Chen Li will wake up," Lan Xiping said. Experiencing the transition of the gaze from confusion to ecstasy in the eyes of the patient's family after successfully treating a patient, Lan Xiping felt this subtle feeling for the first time and quite liked it.

After a while, Chen Yunlan finally reacted. Without caring about his image, he hurriedly grabbed Lan Xiping's hand and expressed his gratitude.

Later, he belatedly realized that Lan Xiping needed rest, so he quickly asked Mary to take Lan Xiping and Jiang Ye back to the room prepared for them to rest.

"Sir, you haven't rested for a day and a night. It's time to rest now. Otherwise, when the young master wakes up and sees you in this state, he'll be heartbroken," Carl came over to persuade.

Due to staying up late, Chen Yunlan's eyes were bloodshot, and dark circles had appeared. He didn't look very energetic.

"I'll go now," Chen Yunlan said, turning back to his room. However, he knew that he couldn't sleep now; his mind was in an excited state. But to prevent Chen Li from worrying later, Chen Yunlan still chose to rest.

As everyone went to rest, the estate quieted down. By noon, the sky started to snow lightly, and the sunlight hadn't hidden yet, casting a beautiful glow on the falling snowflakes.

Chen Li woke up and saw Wei Chen lying beside him. Instead of getting up, he snuggled into Wei Chen's arms, his eyes curved with a slight smile.

Wei Chen, naturally, embraced Chen Li, opened his eyes, and met Chen Li's smiling eyes. His expression softened instantly.

"Li Li," Wei Chen called Chen Li's name gently, without saying anything else.

"Achen," Chen Li responded to Wei Chen in the same way.

Although psychological suggestion is invisible, Chen Li could feel that it had disappeared because he now felt incredibly relaxed. The two of them cuddled in bed for a long time before getting up together. The heavy clouds that had lingered over their heads for more than half a month had finally dispersed, giving way to clear skies and sunshine.

When Chen Li and Wei Chen went downstairs, Lan Xiping was still asleep. This time, he had exerted too much mental effort. It could be said that for Chen Li, he was mentally exhausted, not just during the process of lifting the psychological suggestion in one day and night but also in the preceding months of relentless learning of psychology, like a sponge absorbing water endlessly. All this pressure rested on Lan Xiping's shoulders. He gritted his teeth to overcome it. When the crisis was finally averted, Lan Xiping breathed a sigh of relief, but months of exhaustion and pressure surged up at once. So, he needed a good rest.

Chen Li and Wei Chen were undoubtedly grateful to Lan Xiping. Without Lan Xiping, they couldn't imagine what their situation would be now. Knowing that Lan Xiping was still resting, the couple didn't go upstairs to disturb him.

After more than an hour, Lan Xiping finally woke up. After a good sleep, the color returned to his face. He asked Chen Li and Wei Chen a few questions, got the expected answers, and said, "Alright, the crisis is completely averted."