Ch. 289: The Reason

If Wei Hua and Cookie getting married was within everyone's expectations, then Cookie's pregnancy was a genuine bombshell, leaving everyone present feeling a bit dizzy.

Evidently, Wei Hua and Cookie had discussed this matter beforehand, so at this moment, Little Biscuit was happily laughing, circling the table, grabbing each person's hand in turn and saying, "I'm going to be a big brother."

Once everyone caught on, they extended their congratulations to Wei Hua and Cookie once again. It's double happiness, double happiness! No, not double happiness, with Wei Chen holding the child in his arms now, it's triple happiness!

The elders at the table were overjoyed, and even Grandfather Qu couldn't stop smiling broadly. This consecutive series of surprises made him feel extremely content.

Sheng Jiaqi only got to know about his son's impending fatherhood at this moment. He glared fiercely at Wei Hua and Cookie-this was like making decisions without consulting, acting first and explaining later!

However, he couldn't control the curve of his lips, betraying his genuine delight.

This dinner was indeed full of surprises.

After dinner, Chen Li held Qiuqiu in the living room, watching cartoons. Little Biscuit sat beside Chen Li, but instead of focusing on the cartoon, his gaze fell on Qiuqiu in Chen Li's arms.

"Uncle Chen Li, Xiao Qiuqiu looks really handsome." Little Biscuit reached out and pinched Qiuqiu's chubby hand, saying, "The hands are so soft and tender, it's really comfortable to pinch."

Qiuqiu had just finished drinking milk and obediently lay in Chen Li's arms. Little Biscuit glanced at him with his round, wide eyes, wanting to hold Xiao Qiuqiu's hand. He tried to grab it a few times, finding only air. He didn't cry, just kept looking at Little Biscuit.

Little Biscuit instinctively placed his hand on Qiuqiu's, and immediately, Qiuqiu tightly held onto Little Biscuit's hand.

Chen Li watched the two children playing, cradling Qiuqiu cautiously, afraid the baby might slip from his arms. He couldn't concentrate on the cartoon anymore.

At this moment, Wei Chen was called to Sheng Jiaqi's study. Wei Chen was to return to Changfeng to work the day after tomorrow, and Sheng Jiaqi had a lot to discuss and clarify with Wei Chen, especially since Wei Chen had been on leave for several months.

The Changfeng Group hasn't experienced any major personnel changes in the past few months, but there have been some dissatisfied members within the board of directors, all due to Wei Chen.

Although Wei Chen has been on leave for quite some time, his position remains intact due to Sheng Jiaqi's influence. This means that whenever Wei Chen resumes, he'll still hold the position of Deputy General Manager and Director of the Marketing Department at Changfeng Group. In the eyes of some, Wei Chen is seen as simply occupying these positions without doing anything productive, which naturally invites resentment. Both roles are significant and highly coveted within the entire company-how could Wei Chen be allowed to waste them?

It can be said that Wei Chen's carefree stay in the foreign country for so long was possible because Sheng Jiaqi shielded him from the pressure coming from the company. However, as this pressure increased, even Sheng Jiaqi found it difficult to withstand. So, upon learning of Chen Li's childbirth, Wei Chen was summoned back.

Naturally, Wei Chen knew of Sheng Jiaqi's sacrifices on his behalf. Thus, as soon as Qiuqiu and Chen Li's situation permitted air travel, he promptly flew back. He even refused the one-week grace period offered by Sheng Jiaqi, deciding to return to work the day after tomorrow.