Ch. 282: No More Involvement

Later that evening, Fang Yun was transferred to a regular ward. By midnight, she woke up. Looking around the white room, she realized she hadn't died; she had been rescued.

Her gaze lingered blankly on the ceiling. For a moment, she didn't know why she was alive.

"Mom, you're awake!" A deep male voice sounded, tinged with surprise.

Fang Yun turned her head towards the source of the voice and saw the face she had yearned for day and night. She wanted to reach out, to touch and confirm the reality of that face through her sense of touch, to assure herself it wasn't an illusion.

But with the IV needle in her hand, as she attempted to raise it, Wei Chen gently pushed it back down.

"Mom, it's me. You're not mistaken," Wei Chen said, his face expressionless but his eyes filled with concern.

"Achen, it's really you!" Overwhelmed with relief that it wasn't an illusion, Fang Yun was excited. Her hand began to tremble, tears quickly filled her eyes, and her pleading gaze turned towards Wei Chen. "Achen, can you forgive Mom? Mom knows she was wrong."

Wei Chen reached out and gently wiped away the tears from Fang Yun's eyes. "Mom, it was my fault for misunderstanding you. I should be the one asking for forgiveness."

Upon hearing Wei Chen's words, Fang Yun knew he didn't blame her anymore. She broke into tears of joy. "Okay, okay."

In the midst of despair, suddenly there was hope. Looking back now, Fang Yun felt foolish for attempting to end her life.

Though Fang Yun was excited, her body was still weak. After holding Wei Chen's hand for a while and talking with him, exhaustion took over, and she fell asleep.

Wei Chen stayed by Fang Yun's side the entire night, never closing his eyes.

Early the next morning, Wei Yan came with Wei Wei.

"Mom!" Wei Wei wanted to rush into Fang Yun's arms, but seeing Fang Yun weak, Wei Wei stood obediently to the side, suppressing his urge to cry.

Seeing Wei Wei's genuine concern, Fang Yun felt a surge of guilt. She asked Wei Wei to come closer and said with deep regret, "Wei Wei, Mom is sorry."

This was the child she had raised for ten years. Even though not her biological child, over the years, they had developed a bond.

Yes, Wei Wei wasn't Fang Yun's biological child; he was Wei Zhenxiong's illegitimate child from an affair. After giving birth to Wei Chen, Fang Yun became unable to conceive, despite consulting many doctors and trying various medications.

So Wei Zhenxiong started blatantly keeping mistresses outside. Even though Fang Yun knew, she could only remain silent, unable to voice her bitterness.

Fang Yun admitted that she had a purpose in spoiling Wei Wei, which led to shaping his temperament in that way.

As for Wei Wei in Wei Zhenxiong's eyes, he was merely considered the legitimate heir, someone who could inherit the family business. Wei Zhenxiong wouldn't intervene in the child's upbringing.

Later, Wei Wei was sent by Wei Chen to a military school. Fang Yun didn't fully agree, but as it was Wei Chen's decision, she pretended to resist a little before ultimately agreeing.

Now, Fang Yun realized this child relied on her wholeheartedly. As a mother, she wouldn't intentionally ruin a child if not for harboring resentment. Additionally, after having the child by her side for about ten years, she had developed some emotions toward him.

Reflecting on her actions towards this child over the years, Fang Yun felt a deep sense of guilt. What fault did this innocent child have? She almost ruined a perfectly good child.