Ch. 229: No Good Wine

Although Chen Li was engrossed in a good story in the anime before dinner, at this moment, after finishing the meal, Chen Li rested for a while and then entered the studio to draw and practice calligraphy.

This was Chen Li's daily routine. Even though he had been practicing for a long time at school or at Master Sun's place, when he returned home, Chen Li would still squeeze out an hour or two to immerse himself in the studio. Even if he didn't practice, experiencing the scent of ink helped maintain Chen Li's focus. Chen Li had a natural talent for drawing, but today's achievements were also greatly influenced by the all-inclusive guidance from two teachers.

With these two conditions and Chen Li's relentless day and night efforts, success for Chen Li was an inevitable outcome.

Inside the studio, Wei Chen moved the computer to the coffee table in the living room and worked on files and observed the stock market. After acquiring a few stocks, he leaned back on the sofa and began contemplating the hundredth-day banquet of Chen Yunzeng's son.

No good wine at the feast, no good banquet. Wei Chen was certain of this, after all, his presence had completely disrupted the Chen family's plans within Changfeng Group. The Chen family was already keeping a close eye on him.

At Chen Yunzeng's son's hundredth-day banquet, it wouldn't be surprising if several key members of the Chen family attended. Perhaps they were coming for him, or perhaps they had already dug a big pit and were waiting for him to fall into it.

Wei Chen took off his glasses and rubbed his slightly sore eyes, lying on the sofa to rest.

Soon, a cold hand gently touched his forehead, massaging it with just the right pressure.

Wei Chen opened his eyes and saw Chen Li sitting beside him, his face still marked with fresh ink, resembling a small kitten.

Even with the sharpness in his brows and eyes, it softened when he saw Chen Li. He reached out and held Chen Li's hand on his forehead, slightly cold but gentle, and said, "Why did you paint your face like this?"

Clearly, Chen Li was not aware of the ink stains on his face. Wei Chen turned on the front camera of his phone, letting Chen Li see for herself. Chen Li then realized the ink stains on her face and explained, "There was a mosquito."

Although it was already autumn, the annoying mosquitoes hadn't disappeared yet. Combined with Chen Li's heat-tolerant constitution, he didn't use the air conditioning in the studio. The balcony door was open, and mosquitoes flew in from outside.

Chen Li was absorbed in writing calligraphy and didn't notice the itching. When he was washing his brush, he felt the itch and reached to scratch, inadvertently getting ink on his face.

Wei Chen leaned closer to Chen Li and indeed found a small bump under the ink-stained skin, quite significant.

"Is it still itching?" Wei Chen asked.

The two were very close, and when Wei Chen spoke, his warm breath brushed against Chen Li's face, making him feel a bit ticklish. However, he didn't back away, just shook his head slightly and said, "It's not itchy anymore."

Wei Chen's slender fingers gently traced over Chen Li's face, smoothing the ink stains. Perhaps it was Wei Chen's gentle gaze that made Chen Li feel a tickle in his throat.

"Achen," Chen Li met Wei Chen's incredibly gentle gaze and said, "I want to kiss you."

At these words, Wei Chen lowered his head and captured Chen Li's slightly pouted lips, murmuring, "Then go ahead and kiss."

With that, he lifted Chen Li and sat him on his lap.

Chen Li embraced Wei Chen's neck and responded passionately. He was never one to be shy, and now he was exceptionally enthusiastic. He took the initiative to unbutton Wei Chen's shirt, and with slightly cold fingers, he teased and ignited the fire on Wei Chen's firm chest.