Ch. 210: Collective Strike

Sheng Jiaqi took the document from Wei Chen's hand, looked at Wei Chen suspiciously, very eager to know what Wei Chen was really up to. Perhaps this was the preparation Wei Chen had made early on targeting the new marketing department director parachuting in.

Wei Chen understood Sheng Jiaqi's suspicion and made a gesture of invitation in response to Sheng Jiaqi's gaze.

Sheng Jiaqi looked at the document in his hands with a lot of doubt. The more he read, the more thrilled he felt. This was a proposal that no one could refuse. Even if one had different views from Wei Chen, upon reading this proposal, one could see the beckoning of benefits not too far away. One would unconsciously leave their signature on it. Sheng Jiaqi saw a few existing signatures on the proposal. After reading the entire proposal, Sheng Jiaqi also signed his name, stamped it with the company seal, and when he handed the document to Wei Chen, Sheng Jiaqi came to his senses. Upon seeing these benefits, he also saw Wei Chen's strategy in this proposal.

"Achen, you truly make me pleasantly surprised!" Sheng Jiaqi said with a smile.

With Sheng Jiaqi's signature and the signatures of other colleagues on the proposal, more than half of the approval had been obtained. According to Changfeng Group's board rules, decisions or proposals with the approval of more than half of the directors could be executed. So Wei Chen's proposal was already on track to be implemented.

With this proposal, Wei Chen had secured his own achievements. Did the Chen family want to steal Wei Chen's achievements? They would probably come out empty-handed.

So, don't be fooled by Wei Chen's usual stern and serious appearance. He might seem upright, but only those who spent a lot of time with him would know that Wei Chen was like a sesame ball. He looked like someone who followed the rules easily on the surface, but inside, he was cunning and not easy to manipulate or calculate, no matter who tried.

For the first time, Sheng Jiaqi felt proud of his judgment. He had successfully brought Wei Chen, this gold mine, into the company.

After leaving Sheng Jiaqi's office, Wei Chen went to the marketing department again. He needed to hand over his current tasks and responsibilities to Chen Yunzeng. Chen Yunzeng was brought to the marketing department by Sheng Jiaqi's assistant, after all, he was from the Chen family. Sheng Jiaqi had to give him some face. Bringing the assistant to introduce Chen Yunzeng to the marketing department was a way of showing respect, and it was comparable to Wei Chen's last visit to the marketing department in terms of protocol.

When Wei Chen arrived at the marketing department, Chen Yunzeng had just finished introducing himself. However, when he finished speaking, there was a quiet atmosphere. Although the colleagues in the marketing department didn't openly show displeasure to Chen Yunzeng, they politely listened to his speech but were not very cooperative. There wasn't even applause at this moment.

When the first applause broke out, colleagues in the marketing department turned their attention to where the applause originated. They saw Wei Chen walking into the marketing department, clapping reluctantly together. It was sparse and not very enthusiastic, but it did ease some of the awkwardness.

"Deputy General Manager Wei." Chen Yunzeng also noticed Wei Chen and nodded towards him.

"I've come down to hand over with you," Wei Chen got straight to the point.

"I was just wondering how to get started. Deputy General Manager Wei, you've come just in time to relieve my urgent concern," Chen Yunzeng, perhaps sensing the strong cohesion among the marketing department employees, softened upon seeing Wei Chen, the one who had facilitated this cohesion.

Wei Chen nodded without expressing any opinion and brought the marketing department manager, Lu Wei, to familiarize Chen Yunzeng with the marketing department and hand over the tasks to him.