Ch. 226: Three Wishes

Everyone in the art studio watched silently as the two tightly embraced individuals. No one approached to disturb them. Although the scene was very heartwarming, the onlookers were teary-eyed.

They didn't know why, they didn't know the story between Chen Li and Wei Chen, but just by watching them embrace, they inexplicably felt that they could be together. This was something that had gone through many difficulties and was not easy.

When Chen Li calmed down the emotions surging within, he gently extricated himself from Wei Chen's embrace and displayed affection in front of everyone. Chen Li didn't feel any shyness, mainly because the scent of the cake was lingering in the air, making him feel hungry.

Wei Chen understood Chen Li so well. He scooped a bit of cream from the cake and dabbed it on Chen Li's nose, gently saying, "Make a birthday wish, blow out the candles, and then we can eat the cake."

Chen Li nodded, but his eyes were fixated on the cake, wearing an expression as if he wanted to devour the cake right now.

Wei Chen pushed the cake to the center and shielded Chen Li by his side. With Wei Chen around, Chen Li wasn't afraid of the people around. Moreover, those around him were all very familiar to him. There was no more timidity, just a bit of nervousness.

The candles in the shape of the number 22 were lit, and a small flame rose.

"Li Li, make a wish," Wei Chen tousled Chen Li's soft hair and said. Chen Li closed his eyes and made a wish.

It's said that you can make three wishes on your birthday, so Chen Li made three wishes in his heart.

The first wish: I hope to be together with Achen forever.

The second wish: To be able to be together with Achen forever.

The third wish: To be forever and ever together with Achen.

After making the last wish, Chen Li opened his eyes and blew out the candles in one breath.

Applause and cheers erupted around, followed by a synchronized birthday song. After surveying the surroundings, Chen Li smiled, unable to contain it. Finally, his gaze settled on Wei Chen, fixed and deeply affectionate. His birthday wishes would surely come true.

Wei Chen tenderly gazed at Chen Li. After meeting Chen Li's earnest and focused eyes, he leaned in and lightly kissed Chen Li's lips, his voice low and gentle as if it could melt, "Li Li's birthday wishes will definitely come true." Whatever Li Li wanted, he would spare no effort to make it happen for him.

Chen Li nodded vigorously, and then amidst the cheers of the crowd, they cut the cake.

It was a very lively party, filled with singing and dancing. Every person at the party presented a gift to Chen Li. Regardless of the value of the gift, it was their heartfelt gesture and a blessing for Chen Li's birthday.

On Chen Li's twenty-second birthday, he celebrated his first birthday with his loved ones-his partner, friends, teacher, and classmates.

This was a scenario he had never imagined. Prior to this, he didn't even know when his birthday was. But now, with the presence of these people, he could feel the goodwill and care emanating from them. Chen Li felt that his heart was filled with a complex emotion, a mix of many positive feelings, but if he had to define it with one word, it would be "happiness."

Chen Li felt that he had never been this happy before.

As night fell, the birthday party came to an end. The crowd gradually dispersed, and after the excitement, the atmosphere returned to calm. However, what this birthday party had brought to Chen Li had already taken root and sprouted in his heart, remaining fresh.