Chapter 45 - The fucknut's warning

Blakes POV

I'm back! Yes, I know you're longing to hear from me, your favorite guy in this fucking amazing story! Well then, let's get started, shall we?

I decided to pay Sam a visit. I hadn't seen her in a bit, and I figured she'd appreciate a break from the chaos that seemed to follow Devin and me around. Plus, it was always fun to see her light up when I walked in—her most favorite guy in the world... (errmm, right now).

As soon as I walked through the door, I saw her face break into a wide smile. "Blake!" she exclaimed, practically bouncing on her toes. Her energy was contagious, and it was good to see her so happy.

"Hello my darling! How's Blake Jr.?" I said, leaning against the doorframe with my usual cocky smirk, enjoying the way her eyes widened in mock horror.

"OMG, Blake! Stop it! That sounds so wrong!" she exclaimed, shaking her head but unable to hide her smile.

I pretended to feel offended, clutching my chest dramatically. "Why does the idea of us being together sound so wrong? I mean, come on, we'd make a great couple."

She turned bright red, a mix of embarrassment and amusement. "You know why!" she said, her voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper, unable to explain further without bursting into laughter.

"Oh yeah, I know why," I said, rolling my eyes. "Thanks for reminding me that my dear ol' cousin would cut my dick off before throwing me to the hyenas if he finds out I'm hitting on you."

She burst into laughter, the tension breaking as she swatted at my arm. "You're impossible, Blake."

"But you love me for it," I shot back, winking. "Seriously though, you look different. What's going on?"

Her smile faltered slightly, and she hesitated before sitting down beside me on the couch. "Well, I ran into Devin yesterday... in the library," she admitted, glancing at me to gauge my reaction.

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh, did you now? And how did that go?"

Sam bit her lip, trying to suppress a smile. "He seemed different, Blake. He was... relaxed. He even smiled at me. It was like talking to a whole new person."

I leaned back, crossing my arms over my chest. "Devin, relaxed and smiling? Are we talking about the same guy?" I chuckled, shaking my head. "Must be the end of the world."

She laughed, nudging me with her elbow. "I'm serious, Blake. It was... nice. He invited me to the Skellion party on Friday."

I couldn't help but feel a mix of amusement and concern. "And you said yes?"

Sam was looking a bit unsure. "Well..I wanted to but I told him I'll think about it— I'm actually planning to come." She paused, waiting for my reaction but I just raised my eyebrow at her encouraging her to go on. "Well...he begged, and I couldn't say no. " 

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "That's Archer's power right there. Well, I guess I it's up to you. Devin's my cousin, but you're like a little sister to me, Sam. I don't want to see you get hurt."

She smiled softly, her eyes reflecting a mix of hope and uncertainty. "Thanks, Blake. I appreciate it."

I gave her a reassuring grin. "No problem, babe. Just remember, if he does or say something crazy, I'll be there to knock some sense into him. And hey, maybe we'll both be surprised, and he really has turned over a new leaf."

As we sat there, talking and laughing, I couldn't shake the feeling that things were changing. Whether it was for better or worse, only time would tell. But one thing was for sure: tonight, I was paying a visit to the devil himself.