Chapter 4 - Game on!

Archer's POV

I'd been watching the auburn-haired girl at the other table for a while now. Her friend had been eyeing me with those dreamy eyes of hers, clearly interested. Normally, I'd be flirting back, but my attention was entirely on the redhead. Samantha—that's her name.

Mom had texted me a few days ago, saying she was coming. I seriously don't care about her. I hate her father because he's a gold-digging prick. I didn't want to make any assumptions about George's daughter since I hadn't met her yet—I'm not that cruel. But that doesn't mean I'll be happy to see her or welcome her into our family. So, I decided that if I saw her in school, I would just ignore her like I've been doing with my mom.

But that changed when I saw Drew in the hallway this morning with a redhead standing beside him. Everyone was still in shock seeing him come to school with a girl. Everyone, including myself. I didn't expect him to show up with a chick anytime soon after what happened last time. Knowing Drew, he wouldn't be talking to a girl if he wasn't interested, and that made her much more interesting...for me.

As we got closer to them this morning, I started to realise that I hadn't seen the girl before. I'm positive she's a transferee because she would never have walked past this hall every day without getting my attention. 

Her face had an innocent look, but her body was so inviting. Her chest and behind were both bigger than average and I would love to introduce myself to them. Her pale complexion made her long auburn hair, which fell to her waist, stand out. She looked like an enchanter who casts spells on men to make them fall for her.

She was hot... hotter than I'd like her to be. Her smile, though, made me want to puke—so sweet and submissive, directed at Drew like she was his loyal pet. But then it hit me. What are the odds she's George's daughter? The resemblance was there, and my gut was screaming it was her.

My intuition was spot on when Drew introduced her to us. Samantha. Small world, right? The daughter of the man I hated most was with my ex-best friend—the one I once wanted to bury alive. How fucking convenient is that? What's the saying again? Hitting two birds with one stone? Yeah, that's it. I'm going to relish playing a more interesting game, with her as the main prize.

I couldn't fucking believe my luck. This is going to be exciting—but to win, I need to choose my moves well.

And for my first move...

I kept staring at her, making it obvious. I wanted her to see me, to notice me. That was my first move.

"Hey, Archie! You're crossing dangerous territory there," Logan said. It wasn't really a warning, though; I knew him well enough to know he was challenging me. He knew exactly what was going on in my mind.

"What if I can?" I shot back, my voice dripping with confidence.

"You can what? Can you be more specific?" he smirked.

"Fuck the girl," I said confidently, knowing that's exactly what Logan wanted to hear. He burst into a maniacal laugh, and Nadia stopped nibbling my ear, her eyes narrowing into an evil glare.

"Ohohoho! I know you're hot stuff, man, but I don't think you can. Not with this girl. You won't even get to first base, I bet!" Logan leaned back, crossing his arms with a smirk.

Well, challenge accepted.

"Hey, hold up, Dev. I don't think that's a good idea. She's with Drew. I know you guys have been..." Liam trailed off, worry evident in his voice.

"That's the point," I cut him off, already anticipating his caution. My tone was flat, unwavering.

"I told you to stay out of this, Liam. This is between me and Drew," I warned, giving him a pointed look.