Chapter 5 - Best day ever! (*sarcasm)

I watched Archer swagger out of the cafeteria without a shirt on, Nadia trailing behind him like a loyal puppy. I was still frozen right where that stupid, arrogant jerk had left me, unable to move.

"God, Sam! That was so erotic!" Brooke exclaimed, suddenly appearing behind me. I hadn't even noticed when she left our table. The look she was giving me made it clear she had heard everything. I rolled my eyes at her. Why she found that erotic was beyond me. Did he really just pull off his t-shirt in front of me and the entire school? It was disgusting!

I was so angry with that guy I could burn the entire building down. He humiliated me in front of everyone in the cafeteria. I'm sure they had seen what happened, and soon people would start talking about it. Well, add that to me coming to school this morning with Drew, who apparently hadn't been seen with a girl for a long time. I'm sure the school's resident Perez Hilton was having a fabulous day!

"So, are you gonna change or what? We better go now if you don't want to miss your class," Brooke reminded me.

"Do you have an extra shirt in your locker? I don't want to wear his shirt," I said, my voice dripping with disdain.

I will not wear his shirt. Not in a million years!

"Uh... no. Unless you want to wear my cropped tank top from gym class?" Brooke grinned from ear to ear.

"Fine! I'll wear that jerk's shirt." Defeated, I rushed out of the cafeteria to go to the restroom and change before our last period.

The shirt was bigger than the usual loose shirts I preferred to wear, but it was fine. I tucked it in and rolled the sleeves a few times until it looked decent enough. The jerk's scent lingered on the fabric, which irritated me more because he smelled good. His scent had hints of mint, citrus, and a touch of forest, making it fresh, clean, and oddly relaxing. I hated that I liked it.

Well, at least he had something nice about him.

"Damn! You look hot in his shirt. You're technically wearing a boyfriend shirt," Brooke said, amused.

"Technically, he's neither my boyfriend nor boyfriend material," I replied as we walked to our next class.

As soon as we entered the classroom, I felt everyone's eyes on me.

"Nice shirt!" I heard a guy say, followed by a chorus of laughter. I didn't look up, but it was obviously directed at me.

I continued to walk with my head down until I found some empty chairs in the middle of the room. I could hear murmuring around me, and I bet they were all talking about what had happened in the cafeteria.

"You okay?" Brooke asked, concerned.

"Yes. No? I don't know," I grimaced. "I didn't expect all of this to happen on my first day, you know?" That was the truth. My goal was to stay invisible so that I wouldn't attract people's attention and they wouldn't start asking me about my family or why I transferred here.

"Sam?!" A high-pitched voice came out of nowhere. Both Brooke and I snapped our heads up at the same time.

A brunette girl was standing in front of me with a huge smile on her face. She looked a bit scary, to be honest, considering she was looking extremely excited about something.

"Uhh... yeah?" I answered awkwardly.

"Hi! I'm Kate. You don't know how excited I am to meet you! I heard you came here this morning with my brother. I didn't believe it at first, but then everyone's been talking about you and Drew." She was babbling now.

"Uh... yeah. But we're... I mean, Drew and I are not..."

Kate sat on an empty seat beside me and pulled her chair closer to me.