Chapter 14

"Hey, we're here." I heard Devin said. I opened my eyes and realised I'd fallen asleep in his car. I had no idea what time it was but I'm pretty sure it was already past midnight. I looked outside and realised we were in an underground parking.

"Where are we?"

"My apartment." Devin unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of his car. I was hesitant to follow him because I didn't want to stay the night in his apartment. When Devin realised that I have no intention of getting out of his car, he walked back towards the passenger side and opened my door.

"What's the matter?" He asked. I was used to him being angry at me all the time that it surprised me that he didn't snarled at me this time.

"Could you please take me home?" I was preparing myself for what might have been his late outburst but nothing came out, instead he sighed.

"Look. It's already quarter past one. I'm drunk and wasted. I'll just drive you back tomorrow. And don't worry, I have and extra room where you can sleep. "

"But I can't..."

"Are you scared of me?" Devin said with amusement.

"I'm not scared of you!"I said defensively. "However, I still don't trust you. How would I know if you're really being nice right now or this is just part of your one big plan to humiliate me again?"

Devin's steady gaze was firmly directed at me but he was scrunching his eyebrows like he was in pain. He didn't look angry and it was hard to read his expression.

"I understand if you wouldn't trust me. I don't trust my self either. But I'm really tired to drive, and I guess you wouldn't want to take a cab looking like that." His eyes burned my skin as he scanned my body from head to toe and smirked.

Realising that I'm just wearing my white tank top and cotton shorts, I grabbed my robe and put it back on. There were some blood on it from Devin's knuckles but It didn't bothered me, as long as I can cover my self up.

I didn't have any choice so I got out of the car and Devin smirked at me, telling me how right he was and I hated it.

His apartment was unbelievable, it's like a luxury hotel suite with modern contemporary design. I was thinking how huge it was, considering that he's living here alone and he's only in high school. The kitchen was small but with state of the art appliances, with black marble counter top and handcrafted tiles. He had black leather four seater lounge, and, a huge flat screen in his living room where you can see the floor-to-ceiling windows and a private terrace.

"Wow."

Devin laughed. "So I guess, you like my place?"

"Are you kidding? I love it! Your place is awesome!"

"Yeah? But you haven't seen the two best part of my place yet."

"Oh? Which are?" I asked curiously. Seriously, the whole apartment screamed luxury and class, I won't be surprise if he has a theatre or gaming room here somewhere.

"My bedroom and the shower..." The way Devin said that sounded dirty and totally... wrong, it was laced with malice and that was enough to make me blushed.

I must be all kinds of red now since my arrogant stephbrother had noticed it and smirked. "Sorry, if that made you uncomfortable. I didn't know you're a virgin."

I choked and well, it got really embarrassing as I started coughing non stop.

"You okay?" He asked sounding concern. My back was on him so I couldn't see his face but I as soon as I heard a low chuckle from behind me, I knew he was laughing at me. I turned around and pushed his shoulder.