Chapter 19

I was frozen in front of the ballroom staring at the huge shining chandelier hanging from the ceiling. My eyes roamed at the intimidating number of men in suits, beside them were gorgeous women in colourful silky dresses and shining jewellery, socialising while holding a wine glass in their hands.

"I don't know if I can do this." I whispered to Devin. I felt Devin squeezed my cold hand that he was holding since we got off the car.

"Just stay with me. It's going to be all right."

As soon as we entered the grand ballroom, I felt everyone's attention on us. It was like my first day in Wellington High although this one was worsts. All these people were looking at me like I was a calf in the middle of wild hungry hyenas.

"Alright kids! I'm gonna get myself a drink. I'll see you later Crumpet, you owe me a dance." Blake kissed me on the cheek and I immediately turned in all shades of red.

"What's with you Archers that you like calling me Crumpet? What does it even mean?"

Devin smirked before bending down to my side and whispered. "Give me one dance and I'll tell you."

I playfully punched his bicep.

"Ow!"

"Don't start with me Devin Archer! And that's not even a real punch!"

"Don't you think I knew that already?" I smiled remembering that night when I punched him during the Skellion date night. "I see the guys. Come on let's go over there."

I looked at to where he was pointing and what caught my attention first was Cassie leaning to Alton.

Cassie with Alton?

There's also Brooke who looked sexy with a red halter dress with Liam's hand on her waist. Logan and Drew weren't there though.

Cassie rushed to me as soon as she saw me and gave me a hug.

"Uh...So are you guys...?"

"Oh no. We're not together. We just enjoy each others company that's all." Cassie replied.

I nod. "Have you guys seen Drew?"

I saw Cassie secretly looked from Alton to Liam, like they were speaking with each other with their eyes.

"That's him on the other side of the ballroom." Brooke said pointing to a guy dressed in an indigo suit. He turned around to greet an old man, and sure enough it was him. His eyes caught me and I noticed how his eyes widen in shock as he recognised me. I couldn't place the reaction on his face, it was either he was surprised and happy to see me or maybe he wasn't. I'm not sure.

"Sam? What are you doing here?"

"I..."

A man with grey hair suddenly appeared behind Drew. His got a big smile on his face, his appearance screamed wealth and power and I'm instantly intimidated.

"Good to see you all gentlemen. Devin! I'm glad you're hear my boy! How are things in the company?" I saw Drew stiffened and at the same time Devin's hold to my hand tightened.