Chapter 51 - The Devil wears...a jersey

Sam 

Victoria was already there, efficiently directing some of the preparations. Despite the bustling activity, I didn't see Devin anywhere. When Victoria spotted me, she smiled widely and walked over, her demeanor friendly and warm. Why is she so... friendly and warm? Doesn't she know Devin and I have history?

"Good morning, Sam. I'm so excited you're finally here. We'll start soon," she said, her enthusiasm almost overwhelming.

"Good morning, Victoria," I replied, trying to sound confident. I glanced around, searching for any sign of Devin. "Where's our model? I have to hand him these." I gestured towards the trolley with the hanging clothes.

"Devin will be arriving shortly," Victoria responded with a hint of anticipation in her voice. "He's our lead model for this campaign."

My mouth hung open in disbelief. Not only would I be spending the entire day in close proximity to Devin, but I would also be assisting him with changing outfits. As if being near him the whole day wasn't challenging enough.

Victoria noticed my reaction and gave a reassuring smile. "I know it might be a bit awkward, but Devin is very professional. I'm sure everything will go smoothly."

I nodded, swallowing hard. "Of course. I'll make sure everything is ready."

Just then, I heard a familiar voice behind me. "Morning."

I turned to see Devin walking in, looking effortlessly handsome in a white fitted shirt long sleeves, the sleeves drawn up to his elbows, grey chinos. His presence commanded attention, and everyone in the room seemed to straighten up as he approached.

He walked over to us, his eyes locking onto mine for a brief moment before addressing Victoria. "Is everything set?"

"Almost," Victoria replied. "Sam will be assisting you today."

Devin nodded, his expression unreadable. "Good."

He started heading towards the side where was supposed to change. I couldn't help but check him out as he walked away with his usual swag. He looked incredibly sexy with his messy dark hair styled back. He suddenly turned around and caught me staring at him "Aren't you supposed to help me get dressed?" he asked, his voice dripping with cocky amusement.

I rolled my eyes at his behaviour, but Devin didn't miss a beat. He lifted his left eyebrow, a smirk playing on his lips. "And take them off too, I suppose?" he added.

I felt a flush of heat rise to my cheeks, a mix of embarrassment and irritation. "You wish," I muttered under my breath, grabbing the trolley with the clothes and following him to the dressing area.

As we reached the dressing area, Devin's smirk didn't fade. He stood there, arms crossed, watching me with that same intense gaze that always seemed to see right through me. I turned around and pretended to fix the hanging clothes, trying to ignore the heat of his stare. Suddenly, I felt goosebumps rise on my skin as Devin moved in behind me, so close that I could feel his warm breath on the back of my neck.

"So, what's first?" he whispered, his deep, sexy voice sending my entire body into overdrive.

I knew what he was doing. I wouldn't let him see the effect he had on me, so I took a deep breath, trying to maintain my composure before facing him. "Here," I said, handing him a set of a white singlet, a navy shacket with some patch on the left arm and a faded pair of jeans. 

Devin took the clothes from me, his fingers brushing mine, sending a shiver down my spine. "Thanks," he said softly, his eyes never leaving mine. He started unbuttoning his shirt, slowly and deliberately, each movement torturously slow. I gulped, my heart beating erratically. I turned away before he reached the last button.