Chapter 17

I didn't want to be late in school so I left the house early to catch the bus while Devin was still asleep. The start of my second week in Wellington High was equally weird like last week. The halls were a bit crowded when I arrived but as I walked in the middle of the hallway, I noticed that I was not getting the hostile glances and scrutiny from everyone, instead I got a couple of "hi's"and "hello's". I thought about what Brooke told me about being picked by a Skellion changes your status and how people treat you. That might be the case with me right now, but I'm not liking it one bit. I don't like the attention, it doesn't matter if it's in a good way or not, I just don't like it.

I was at my locker getting some stuff when I felt two strong hands on my hips. I turned around and saw the pair of warm hazel eyes that I was becoming familiar with.

"Hey." I smiled at Drew and stared at how good looking he was. His rich chocolate brown hair were tousled and was all over the place that looked like it was styled that way instead of looking like he just got out of bed.

"Hey." Drew grinned widely, showing his precious dimples.

"Someone's overly happy today." I teased.

"Uh huh" Drew whispered as he took a step closer to me. I took a step back but Drew mirror my movement until my back hit my locker, his strong hands remained on my waist as he stared deep into my eyes before it moved to my lips. I watched him wet his lower lip before he leaned down and softly kissed me. My eyes automatically closed as I felt his lips brushed mine once, and then twice.

"I'm dating the most gorgeous girl in school, of course I'm happy." Drew whispered after he withdrew his lips from mine.

I smiled, my heart fluttering from what he just said. I can't believe how lucky I am to stumbled upon this boy. He's a wonderful guy and it's more than just about his good looks. He's fun and sweet, he's everything I could ever wish for a boyfriend. It's easy to fall in love with him and I knew that he's the type of guy that I could love forever.

"I guess you're not that bad yourself." I smiled at him.

Drew raised his eyebrow and grinned. "Not that bad, huh?"

We were smiling at each other while unaware of everyone around us. I bet people were watching us and we were giving them a good show but I'm just too happy to care anymore. We heard the bell for first period and everyone started to move while Drew and I stayed glued to each other.

"I'll see you at lunch, okay?" Drew said after a kiss.

I nod. We said our goodbyes and I rushed to my first period.

Brooke was late so we didn't get to talk, but she was giving me meaningful glances the entire time. That girl is crazy in her own funny way and I had no idea what's running through her mind, so I guess I just had to wait and ask her later.

"Okay. What's with the inquisitive glances?" I asked Brooke while we walked to our next period.

"Why didn't you tell me that Archer is you stepbrother?"

So it's out. I was not surprise, really. I mean after what happened last Friday night, I started counting the hours for this moment to come.

"Who told you that?"

"Everyone's been talking about it in Facebook." Brooke looked hurt and I suddenly felt guilty about not telling it to her first.

"So, how bad was it? I mean, how's everyone reacting to the news?" I hadn't checked my Facebook account in ages and I'm glad I didn't. I assumed people might had taken photos of my humiliating stunt at the party last Friday and I'd hate to see them.