Chapter 36

It's been six months...six freaking months since I moved into Devin's apartment. Six months of binge-watching whatever is popular on Netflix. Six months of hot sex on the bed, in the kitchen, in the shower...I don't know any part of his apartment that we haven't had sex in. It's incredible how our emotional and physical connection has grown in the last couple of months. I've fallen in love with Devin. Yes, I've fallen in love with my Stepbrother. I haven't told him yet, though, because I'm worried that I might scare him. And also, what if he's not feeling the same as I am. Sometimes I wonder if having sex is becoming his addiction and more of a physical need than actually being in love with me. Just thinking about this ruins me, but I trust him. I know what he's sharing with me is more than just sex. I know it's something more. I want to think it's something more.

While everything in our relationship has been great, it isn't easy to keep it a secret from everyone in school.

Brooke is the only person in school that knows about it. I decided to tell her two months ago because it's just hard to keep it from her. She suspected something was going on between Devin and me since day one. Man, the girl grills me every day with questions and won't give up until I admit that ( in her words) "Devin and I are screwing each other". So I don't really have a choice but to tell her. She's totally cool with it, though. I loved it except when she asked me about how it was like to fuck with the 'Greek god, Archer' or that time when she asked me ', Does Archer gives you a head yet? I heard he's really good at it like he can send you into multiple orgasms just with his tongue!'. That was so uncomfortable that I regretted telling her about Devin.
Anyway, what I'm really excited about her is that she and Liam are still together. And they may be getting more serious, just like Devin and me.

"Why the long face?" I asked Brooke in the library.

"The boys are having another date night on Friday...'

"Oh..." Devin hasn't mentioned to me about the date night. "Do you know why they're doing it all of a sudden?"

"Yeah, 'Oh...". Brooke said, quoting the 'Oh' with her fingers. "I dunno; Liam mentioned one of the Skellions asked for it. Although he didn't say who he was."

"That was weird. But honestly, I don't think you should worry about it. I mean, you and Liam are perfect for each other. If Liam can't see it, then it's his loss."

"I guess, but I'm still worried. I don't want him to get another 'pick'. I like Liam a lot. I think I might be in love with him..." Brooke was teary-eyed. I understand why she's worried. I can relate to it.

"Look, I don't think you're just a 'date night pick'. I think Liam genuinely likes you."

"dunno, Sam." Brooke sighed. "How bout you? Aren't you worried Archer may...you know...I mean...nobody knows Archer is dating you exclusively, so everyone's going to expect him to make his 'pick' on Friday."

Am I worried that Devin's going to the date night and getting another girl that will replace me? To be honest, I'm not. Devin didn't do anything to make me think or feel otherwise. But Brooke has a point. Nobody knows about Devin and me. It was my choice to keep our relationship a secret. If it were Devin's, he'd stake his claim on me by telling every single soul in our school that we're dating. So I guess we, or rather I, don't have a choice but to make our relationship public.

'Well, I guess we'll have to come out then, make everyone knows about us. I'll deal with the gossips later.' I said.

Brooke was about to respond when her phone pings. By the look of her face, while she was reading her message, I knew something was up even she even told me.

'Sorry, Sam. I'm afraid you'll have to deal with the gossip now...' she said as she showed me a photo of Devin and me from Cassie's photoshoot. Someone edited it with a text saying.