Chapter 278 - Sabaody Archipelago 14.

[Chapter Size: 2000 Words.]
Third Person POV

Sabaody Archipelago, First Half of Grandline.

...

...

All members of the group quickly became fully alert with this new visitor.

"Who is this?" Nami exclaimed, shielding herself from the smoke.

"It's been a long time since I've seen this guy..." Rayleigh murmured with a nostalgic tone.

"You know him?" Yamato commented, sensing danger coming from him, even for her.

"It's been a really long time... Rayleigh..." The voice emerged from inside the smoke as it began to clear.

"I thought you were retired... Kong." Rayleigh commented.

"I thought so too, but I ended up working elsewhere..." Kong commented as he began to appear, showing his suit as a member of the World Government, he looked at the group, especially at Rayleigh. "So this is where you've been spending your retirement..." Kong commented.

"Something tells me you already knew that..." Rayleigh commented with a small smile.

"I won't lie, there are few things in this world I'm not aware of, but I never had a reason to come here and end you, after all your captain has been dead for many years and you seem to live a quiet life, stealing from a noble here and there while pretending to be a slave." Kong commented, crossing his arms, Rayleigh's activities had not been a secret to him through the intelligence he commands.

"Kong... Who is this..." Zoro asked quietly.

"He's the former fleet admiral... from the time Roger and us sailed the seas..." Rayleigh commented calmly.

"What?!" Nami, Vivi, Alvida, Bonney, Camie, and Hachi exclaimed together while Zoro, Yamato, Hugo frowned. Enel, Chouchou, Shirahoshi, and Baby-5 remained with neutral faces.

Luffy and Kizaru continued their duel in the middle of the outlaw district while they stopped for a second looking towards that side.

"Who is that?" Luffy couldn't help but ask amidst his flames. After all, he had never met Kong, so it was a surprise not to recognize him, but he certainly frowned at the strength of this individual.

"It seems Mr. Kong has also appeared..." Kizaru also commented looking towards that side.

"Kong?" Luffy heard Kizaru murmuring and looked at him seriously with those words, he knew of this name and who it was. "So the government sent reinforcements... and just this guy..." He spoke, but he didn't seem shaken at all, he was more excited. "This is interesting... I would very much like to fight him, but first we must finish our fight, so I will leave this to my companions and even Rayleigh, although I would not like him to fight for things we are responsible for ourselves..." Luffy commented in the air while still keeping an eye on Kizaru who was also looking at him at that moment, he advanced.

Once again they engaged in a fight while starting to explode the air with their blows against each other.

Kong looked at the explosions diverting the attention of the group in front of him to see those forces clashing. "So this is Garp's grandson... he is not bad at all, a shame that this power didn't fall into the hands of the navy..." He commented and noticed someone moving.

"It doesn't matter who he is... He's just a mortal." Enel murmured as he took a few steps forward.

"The user of the most powerful logia..." Kong looked at Enel approaching.