Chapter 267 - Sabaody Archipelago 03.

[Chapter Size: 1900 Words.]
Third Person POV

Sabaody Archipelago, First Half of Grandline.

...

...

Luffy waited for everyone to disembark from the ship while he approached it and touched it, making it turn into a miniature. Enel was the last to leave, still somewhat bandaged from the last beating he took.

"Come on, don't be so down, you can have fun like everyone else." Luffy said to him while slapping his back, which made the self-proclaimed god scream in pain with a grimace.

"Tsk... A God does not entertain himself with mortals..." He murmured while trying not to show a pain expression right after the slap.

"Whatever... let's split up." Luffy said as the crew nodded, wanting to do their own things.

They passed through the crowd heading towards what they had planned to do as each one wanted to visit a different part of the island. The news not only spread from tree 1 to tree 29, but the entire archipelago began to hear rumors about the arrival of the Straw Hats, with everyone becoming quite cautious.

"I just got a call from the port! The Straw Hats are here!!" A man in a bar exclaimed while the others looked quite surprised by this.

"Let's go! I want to see these pirates!" Another spoke.

"Let's leave the island, they are trouble and I don't want to be in the eye of this storm!" Someone exclaimed, starting to leave the bar.

"We're also leaving, heading to the New World!" Another crew in the bar spoke, leaving right behind.

At the bar counter, the woman put one hand on her chin while smoking a cigarette. "How interesting, so they have finally arrived... I wonder where that guy is... after all, he himself said he wanted to see their arrival when the crew finally stepped off the island." She spoke calmly.

Elsewhere, in an auction house, an elderly man was chained with an explosive collar surrounded by slaves like him, waiting for the auction to start so he could be sold to some noble.

"What a bore..." He murmured with boredom, unaware of the news outside his cell.

In the southern region of the islands, where the navy base was located, they began to get agitated since the news of the Straw Hats had spread.

A man stood in front of rows of soldiers, giving a speech while they kept their weapons and stance aligned, listening to the speaker, a high-ranking officer from the base.

"They have docked on the island, we must spread out and watch every move they make, we will act if necessary, even if it costs us our lives. After all, we will give our lives for justice to fight evil!" The officer spoke, hoping that all those sailors would fight to the death, despite the minimal or almost nonexistent chances of surviving a confrontation against this pirate crew.

The sailors, although nervous, nodded, thinking they would fight if necessary. The officer continued talking about his plans as they would spread out across the islands in the archipelago.

In another room at the base, in a communications room, there was another officer speaking directly with the headquarters.

"So, they have arrived on this island... These damn pirates, they came out of Enies Lobby and clashed with 2 other Shichibukais... and even defeated Moria..." Sengoku growled on the den den mushi about this, after all, it was no secret Kuma appeared quite damaged while carrying a comatose Moria.

This frustrated him even more as he was losing forces that should be used in the war. Luffy was a major headache for him, especially with a war coming. A war that he could no longer stop, no matter what happened. What he hoped was that Luffy would also be drawn to Marinefort, to join forces and destroy them once and for all like they would with Whitebeard.