Chapter 306 - The War Begins! 03.

[Chapter Size: 1900 Words.]
Third Person POV

Marineford, First Half of Grandline.

...

...

The seagull cut through the air with the breeze blowing below it as it traversed the sky, its companions also flapping their wings beside it. They would usually descend to the sea at this moment to catch fish, but for a significant reason, it did not.

After all, there were thousands of people below it as it flew over Marineford, able to see that entire army together, not knowing who those humans were or why they were doing that, but they just started to move away from there, abandoning the "island."

As the seagulls flew away, a tension seemed to affect the minds of 100,000 marines at that moment, while at the same time, as silence took over the square, the hearts of some could be heard due to nervousness. There were hours before the official execution while Sengoku stood on the execution platform with the prisoner, two men to execute him, and Garp sitting on the edge of it. Despite not being able to see Garp in tears, they calmly awaited the time for the execution to arrive.

Discipline and order filled the place with everyone in silence, but what the marines did not imagine was that Sengoku would soon break the silence, and everyone noticed when the fleet admiral simply raised the microphone and brought it close to his mouth.

"I have an announcement to make to the world before the execution." Sengoku's voice echoed throughout the square with the loudspeakers, capturing not only the people in the square but also the reporters in Sabaody, who looked surprised at this and stopped what they were doing. After all, it was not the time for the execution, so they did not expect any announcement hours before.

Sengoku, without wasting much time after his first words, continued. "Portgas D. Ace... The death of this man holds great significance today..." He spoke while Garp had a somber face after wiping his tears.

"..." Ace remained silent at this.

"Ace... Tell us your father's name." Sengoku asked, leaving everyone stunned, as they did not expect something like this at that moment.

"Your father?"

"Why is that important now?"

People watching the broadcast in Sabaody wondered, confused. The marines, though confused, also remained silent, waiting for the fleet admiral to continue.

"My father is Whitebeard..." Ace murmured.

"Wrong." Sengoku replied.

"Yes, it is him!" Ace growled. "Whitebeard is my only father!"

"A long time ago, we used all our resources to look for you, after all, there was a chance that man had a child... And we investigated through Cypher Pol reports, who were investigating the whole case, and we reached a remote island." He continued talking about Ace's strange birth, that Portgas D. Rouge carried him for 20 months to protect the child while everyone continued listening to this in all places Sengoku's voice reached.

While this was happening, in Impel Down, the bloodbath that started on the sixth floor finally ended, with only a few prisoners standing.

"Ziahahahaha! Finally!" Teach was happy; he could finally complete his crew with members who would help him shape his era.

However, his laughter ended when a sound of metal emerged from a distance with someone breaking the chains, but this was not the only one. A second sound echoed from another side, with Teach realizing that a few more were left inside their cells but did not come to fight for their freedom.