Seventeen

Vicky

We chatted with ease over our main courses, I explained a bit out my work to him, he in turn told me endless stories of his days on the road, solo and with the band he'd been a member of previously, Boyzone. 

We talked about family and friends, he didn't mention a girlfriend and I didn't think it appropriate to ask, especially as I shouldn't have been interested, but I couldn't help being curious, especially being a fan. 

As we ate and drank I noticed that the pain in my lower abdomen and the top of my thigh was getting progressively worse. It was absolutely killing me, it took everything I had to ignore it. I was having an amazing time.

I went to the bathroom, and when I returned, I found that Ronan had paid, despite my protests that I was going to split the bill with him. 

"You can buy me a drink later" 

"Or three?" he added cheekily.

"Okay, okay. So where we going?"

"Lava Lounge?" I teased. He looked a little bit scared, "Vic it's gonna be busy there now, it's half eleven on a Friday night"

"Half eleven? Wow. Time flies when you're having fun hey?"

"Are you?" he suddenly looked serious. 

"Hey?" I was confused suddenly, although that could have been from the way he was looking at me...

"Having a good time?" he put his hand on my arm.

"Of course I am Ro. In fact I'm having an amazing time"

He took my hand. "Come on I know a place"

"You do?"

"Yeah I've been here a few times now over the years"

"Oh yeah, I guess"

I smiled suddenly at the memories, I had lost count of the amount of times I had seen Boyzone and Ronan himself in concert. He retrieved his mobile from his pocket, and speed-dialled a number.

"Baz would you come and pick us up?" he asked.

"Baz?" I mouthed

"Security" he smiled back at me.

 Of course. Barrie Knight, the legend.

We waited in La Fosse until he had a missed call on his mobile.

"The coast's clear, lets get out of here" he said