Twenty Seven

Vicky

About an hour later there was a knock at the door.

I froze. Surely Dan wouldn't? Would he know that Sophie wasn't here?

Whoever it was knocked again. "I'm just coming" I shouted, it took me a while to stand up and make my way to the door.

I opened it cautiously, it definitely wasn't Dan, which was good. But it was definitely a man.

I opened the door a little wider and squealed a little as I took in the figure before me.

"Ronan!"

I have never been so pleased to see anyone in my life.

"Come in, make yourself at home" I said gesturing to the sofa, "let me get you a drink, tea? Coffee? Lemonade? Coke?" 

I opened the cabinet at the side of me "vodka, gin....jack?" I raised an eyebrow at him and grinned. 

He laughed. "Tea is fine, but here let me make it, you should sit down."

"But you don't know where anything is!" I protested.

"Shush! Sit down, I'll find it, now what would you like?"

"Tea please" I said.

"Sugar?"

"Yeah two please?" I said embarrassed.

"Oooh a girl after me own heart" he said, "people always tell me off for having two sugars!"

"Yeah and me" I said. I could hear him clanging around in the kitchen. "Ronan...Ro sorry, are you sure you don't want a hand?"

"Nope I'm fine!" he said. He came through to the living room about fifteen minutes later, with two mugs of tea and a plate of chocolate biscuits.

"Ooh you've been raiding our cupboards I see!"

"Yeah thought you needed some cheering up" he smiled.

"Aw thank you". He sat next to me on the sofa.

It took my breath away every time I looked at him. He always looked so stunning, he was absolutely beautiful.

I suddenly wished I had put on some better clothes that morning, I was wearing an old faded t-shirt and denim skirt because it hurt like hell to put trousers on at the moment. 

He caught me looking at him and stared at me, I gazed into his eyes, there was something in the air, like the night in the bar that we had shared. 

He moved a little closer, or so it seemed, my breath caught somewhere in my throat.