Twenty Nine

I jumped slightly at the sound of the key in the front door, I tried to get up but found I couldn't move fast enough.

Sophie grinned at me as she came through the door.

"I needed to put my feet up" I said. Half-heartedly trying to come up with an excuse as to why I was practically led on top of Ronan Keating. Not that she cared...

"Yeah yeah, that's what they all say" she laughed.

"Um, soph..?"

"He's coming at 7" she said reading my mind.

"Aw, my flights at 7" said Ronan miserably, I looked at him sadly. "I wish you didn't have to go" I said.

"So do I, but I've got a lot of promotional work to do, and a couple of dates to play in Dublin"

Soph made herself comfy and we all chatted for a while.

"Ah shite, it's half past 6!" said Ronan suddenly.

"I've got to go!" "I'll call you later" he said.

I stood up and picked up my crutches from the side of the sofa, Ronan took them out of my hand and put them back again. "Sit!"

I did as I was told. He embraced me and gave me a kiss on the lips, I looked at him longingly as he walked out the door.

Sophie sat and stared at me with her mouth open.

"What?!"

"You just kissed Ronan Keating!"

"Don't look so surprised!" I said "you were the one trying to match make!"

"I know but.."

There was a loud knock at the door, I froze.

Sophie got up to answer it "it'll be Dave" she said trying to reassure me. She opened the door and let her brother in.

"Hello invalid!" he smiled at me, "I hear you've been in the wars"

"You could say that!" I laughed.

We were interrupted by another knock at the door, I felt sick now but there was no going back.

Dave went to open the door, there was Dan stood in the doorway looking intimidated. Well tough, I thought.

"Dave" he said in greeting to Sophie's brother.

He looked at him nervously, I didn't blame him, although Dan was tall, Dave was taller and an 18 stone rugby player, he could easily flatten him if he wanted to.

"We'll be in the other room"