Episode 4

Senator Reilly Arnett handed a glass of champagne to his new girlfriend of six months as a scowl crossed his handsome lined face. " I certainly hope you don't plan to interfere with all this child custody business my idiot son has gotten himself involved in," he said sternly.

Doris Van Burden took the glass from him with a small smile that barely moved her heavily botoxed face. Her blue eyes glittered coolly as always at the man who she already saw as a future husband. She quite fancied herself as a political spouse. Although they were awfully beige in DC ; the wives were. She would definitely liven up that bland city. At least she was not as old looking as that wife of Andrew's. When she had looked her up online she had been horrified by the woman's Facebook profile picture. Just because you grew old didn't mean you had to look old was her motto in life. Why she herself only looked maybe fifty and she was in her mid sixties. Not that she made a big production of revealing her age. Of course she figured Glory Jordan Giadello was the best her poor middle class ex could get , she mentally laughed. Just some meek missionary's daughter and widow of some construction company person in Connecticut. She pursed her lips. Although. She wondered if the woman was any relationship to Carlos Giadello of the worst crime family in the country. No. Couldn't be.

She turned her attention back to her impatient looking boyfriend who sat across from her at Cafe J. " Don't be silly. I could care less what you do to my former son Richard. I have disowned and disinherited his disloyal self. And if Rebecca is not my granddaughter I don't care who gets her. She was always too perky for my liking anyway. " She sipped at the champagne delicately. " Of course I can be of use. I have a dossier compiled on Richard's so called husband. He's a sleazy one. And very rude. Just a golddigger taking advantage of a middle aged fool. "

Reilly suddenly smiled at her. " You missed your calling, my dear. You would have made an excellent four star general. "

Doris smiled back. " Not high enough. I would have aimed for the white house. " Of course one day she might be in the white house. As first lady , she thought with pleasure.