Episode 56

Richard arrived home at the same time as his two children. Rebecca eagerly enveloped him in adoring hugs before skipping upstairs to change from her school uniform into her play clothes and tend to her homework. Lewis, eyes glued to his Switch, nodded vaguely at him and also wandered upstairs. Richard called out to his husband who answered from the living room where after he entered it he found the man sitting and smiling almost reluctantly next to an unknown woman.

Richard lifted his brow at the woman who smiled back at him. There was something unnerving about the woman to Richard. Something unsettling. He didn't trust her. Who was this? , he wondered.

Nigel stood up and approached him. He looked as innocent as a newborn child as he so eagerly said," Richard. The most unexpected and amazing thing has happened. I found my mother. My mother. She found me. " His face looked so radiant all of a sudden although he was surrounded by waves of sunlight. Richard had never seen the young man so happy. Not even on their wedding day and he had never stopped grinning from ear to ear that day.

Richard's mouth fell open in shock. " Your.... mother? " He looked at the woman and then back at his husband and then once again at the woman. What did she want from Nigel? From them ? Why was she suddenly here in Nigel's life after twenty eight years of absence? He narrowed his eyes.

Nigel continued on ," Richard, this is my mum. Matilda Swan. Matilda..... Mum , this is my husband Richard Norland. "

Matilda smiled brightly and came over to hug Richard hard. " Richard! It's so wonderful to meet my baby boy's new husband! "