Episode 54

Matilda Swan didn't scare easily. But scared she was as she had watched her very valuable son suddenly collapsing with a bloody damn asthma attack before her own eyes. This could not happen. Not at all. She had plans for her association with this man. Which is why when he pointed upstairs and wheezed out where to locate his inhaler she had nearly broke the heel off her too expensive designer pump getting up there. She so easily found the room and the inhaler but her ever observant eyes also took in the very nicely decorated home. They also spied the expensive gold cufflinks laying next to the inhaler on the dresser top. As she grabbed the medical device she also palmed the cufflinks and tucked them into her lace trimmed bra that was underneath her pure silk cream white dress.

She hurried back to her son's side. He was still wheezing and getting paler by the minute as he continued to fight to breathe. This was getting bad , she thought with genuine worry growing. " Here , luv , take a puff from this now. Mum's here , luv. I'll take care of me baby boy. "

His eye looked wistful as he reached out for the inhaler and put it into his mouth. He squeezed it a few times and she was glad to notice his color gradually returning. Finally he stopped wheezing and she gently lead him to the living room where she settled him down on the leather sofa. She also allowed her eyes to quickly calculate the grand value of every bit of furniture that was graciously placed in the spacious sunlit book filled room. Yes. Her boy had done well for himself, she noted with much approval. Like Mum like son. And if she played her cards just right she and her two children could share in the good fortune of Nigel Norland.

" Are you all right, son ? ," she said lovingly as she proceeded to stroke his face gently on the damaged side. It was fair disgusting touching that side but she just knew it was the thing to do with him.

Nigel shook his head. He pulled back from her with a devastated expression on his face and hurt shining from his eye. " Why are you here? What do you want from me? You bitch. How could you leave me? "