Episode 39

Nigel stood on the sidewalk in Bethesda ,  Maryland in his usual outfit of a  perfectly pressed sky blue polo shirt and black skinny jeans. He ran his hand through his blond hair and laughed out loud as he stared at the restaurant.

At the newly installed sign that declared so big and bold in sharp black lettering " Richard and Nigel's ".

His restaurant. Their restaurant.

This was happening. It was actually going to happen. He had the licenses and permits he needed to open. The contractor was working at a right good pace on painting and the other changes he wanted done before the soft opening in early October. Richard was amazed at how fast everything was proceeding. Richard was impressed and that made him happy. He wanted this to be a success as much for his husband as himself. If he had to work twenty four hours a day he was going to make this bigger than ever.

He turned around to stare at the Cafe J. " Fire my bloody ugly ass , why don't you, you fucking wanker ? ," he said under his breath. He couldn't wait until they opened. He couldn't wait to see the reaction of Joe to the fact he had also poached two of his cooks at the vegan restaurant. One , Jade , would do salads. The other one, Alden, was going to be his pastry chef. They were thrilled to get nineteen dollars a hour since Joe's cheap ass was only paying state minimum wage. One more cook hired to help Glory with the main dishes, the menu he had already planned on paper, and his kitchen would be set. Then he would just need a dishwasher, couple hosts , servers , an assistant manager.

He was so lost in thought of the restaurant plans that he didn't notice the short skinny - bony light skinned Black boy that crept up behind him in broad daylight to wrap his arms around him from behind and shove something hard in his side until it was too late.

" Give me your fucking money, pirate man ," the boy sneered into his ear. " Or I'll shoot you dead. "