Episode 23

( Texts )

Angel: I wanted to let you know I am not returning to the hospital. I can't. I love it but I just can't.

DuBuis: Understand that. Because neither am I. What are you going to do?

Angel: I'm currently on Indeed. Updating my resume. Some weird chick online redid it for me for twenty bucks. It wasn't bad. I am currently applying for a school nurse position at the Barrington Academy student clinic in Hyattsville. What are you going to do if you don't come back?

DuBuis: I don't have the faintest idea. We have savings. And Spencer will be back at the college part time next semester plus doing the books for his brother in law's new restaurant when it opens. We should be good until I figure something out.

Angel: Well I noticed the clinic at Barrington also needs a staff doctor. Isn't that where your niece goes?

DuBuis: Yeah. Really? Email that job listing. Maybe I'll apply. What could it hurt?

Angel: You just want to keep working for me lol.

DuBuis: With. With , Satan's Angel.

Angel: Whatever.

              ----------

Nigel: Glory, I feel so exhausted. Who knew moving, taking care of a nine year old , finalizing opening a restaurant and making a damn DNA test appointment for this Friday could make you so zonked. But I am taking my iron.

Glory: Good. Because Andrew said Richard is worried about you. I'm going to bring you and Rebecca a pot of chicken noodle soup tonight. You won't have to cook unless you want sandwiches or something.

Nigel: What a treat! I love your cooking. Which reminds me of something I have been meaning to ask you. Are you and Andrew fully retired?

Glory: Andrew is. He has promoted his assistant manager to manager for the store in Pittsburgh. He seems happy with that plan. He's worked so hard on that store. He deserves a rest.  I guess I am too. From social work. Sometimes I miss working.

Nigel: How would you like to be a cook at Richard and Nigel's ? It's a meat and potatoes restaurant format. Good hearty food. But I want it fixed in a heart healthy way. I've looked at the investment money Richard is putting in and I can pay you at least 19.00 a hour. You can be full time or part time. I'm thinking of having at least three cooks in the kitchen. And if needed I can toss on an apron. Otherwise I'll be in the front until I start scaring customers lol with me ugly mug.

Glory: Hush. Your face is not that bad. It's healing fine looks like. And as for the job I think I am interested. Part time. Andrew would be bored without me around lol.