Episode 26

London England

When Richard returned back to the infirmary where Andrew and Lewis were enjoying an enthusiastic chat and trays of food they were astonished to see the bruised eye on his face. Richard didn't offer any details as he sat down beside the hospital bed silently. Lewis knew his father had been to see his brother so he instinctively sensed what had happened. Inside he felt angry that Niles had hurt their father but he wasn't surprised. Andrew looked at his son's eye and equally bruised fist. Then he said sternly," So what does your opponent look like, son ? "

Richard just smiled sheepishly. And his father laughed.

Andrew said casually," Did I ever tell you I did my fair share of boxing in my younger days? Paid for law school it did. I was damn good if I say so myself. Guess it runs in the family. "

                   ---------

Niles was still fuming as his friends snickered behind his back. This wasn't over, old man, he thought as he touched his aching face. It might take a while but eventually he would teach that pussy a lesson he would never forget. Him and that Nigel bitch.

                  ------------

America

Angel Anderson hated his life. He had been happy enough with it all before the shooting. His work at the ER. His occasional nights at the Pink Lady and Zest in DC. His one nighters. His hobbies. But now it all seemed so empty.

As he had been on the floor in the nursing station, bleeding out , he had felt so very alone. And lonely. He had been saving himself for a man who essentially kicked him out of his life. Who gave a damn if the man called him? , he mentally fumed. Years too late. What exactly was he waiting for anyway? He still loved Hank but too much time had passed. They were both different people. At least, he thought as he shifted within the hospital bed he would be glad to leave tomorrow, he was a different person. Sometimes it seemed like Hank's Angel had died a long time ago. Although he often found himself missing his more naive carefree younger self.

It was time to move on. Time to find something more solid and fulfilling than a hand job here  or a blow job there at whatever club he happened to be in. He was ready to fall in love again with someone who could really appreciate him. A man who really wanted him.

He logged into the dating website he had stumbled upon after getting bored putting in applications on Indeed. Harts and Flowers it was called. It looked halfway decent and his profile was already getting attention. He opened an inbox message from some nice looking man named Lyle Peters. A forty year old teacher.  His profile said he was a teacher who liked science, dogs , theatre, ballet and jazz. He looked very well educated and cultured. And his eyes seemed kind but lonely. He stared at the man's profile picture where he was smiling and hugging onto a big beautiful golden retriever. Something about the picture drew him.

Goodbye, Hank , he thought sadly as he began to write an inbox message to Lyle Peters.