Episode 6

" Well," the doctor continued on cheerily as he stood before them in the small cramped triage room. " All your tests look good. Really good. "

Nigel sat up gingerly and shook his head at Richard who still looked dissatisfied. " Told you I was fine, Richard. Where are my clothes at? "

Richard lifted his head up sternly and crossed his arms firmly as he regarded the young doctor before him. " If he is fine why did he faint ? Healthy people do not faint in their homes. What is wrong with my husband? "

The doctor smiled slightly. " He is perfectly well and fine, sir. The tests were all good. Only iron level a bit low. Not low enough to have him needing blood transfusion but low enough to pass out. I'm going to give him a prescription for a good iron medication. " He looked at Nigel and smiled still. " You take. You eat green leafy vegetables and red meat. Hearty food. You will feel better. No more passing out.  If you have no more questions I will go and do your discharge paperwork. "

Nigel looked at Richard who sighed and still seemed worried. " I don't think we have any questions. "

The doctor nodded. " Good. Good. I'll get started on the paperwork. Get you home in time to put the little one to bed. "

He reached out to ruffle Rebecca's curls and she made a face at him, pulling away. " Daddy and Mommy told me not to talk to strangers," she said with a stern expression that reminded Nigel of Richard.