Episode 67

( Texts )

Richard: Matilda, I understand you asked my husband and your son for a thousand dollars today.

Matilda: I didn't ask him. He offered it as a gift to his dear old mummy. He's a very good boy.

Richard: He is a very good man. A sweet man. A sensitive man. A man I love and will protect to the very best of my ability. You will not ask him for anymore money.

Matilda: I didn't ask him. It was a gift.

Richard: You will not ask him for money. If you require funds please come to me. If I deem your request satisfactory I will offer it as a low interest loan. Or even better since I am no longer paying my sons' tuition at boarding school and my oldest son's allowance I offer you a special deal. In exchange for your not asking Nigel for money I will set up a monthly allowance for you and your children. Ten thousand dollars a month in your bank account and not a penny more until the following month. So don't be wasteful, mother in law dearest.

Matilda: Why would you do that?

Richard: Because I love that man and he wants family. He wants you and your children in his life. I will do anything to keep him happy. If you accept this offer you will not ask him for another " gift ". If you do the allowance ends and you will be exiting his life forever. Also there is no need to inform him of this allowance.

Matilda: Fine. You cold hearted bastard. On one condition.

Richard: What is it, you conniving bitch?

Matilda: Race Jr. Is fine in public school but I want my daughter Mary to have fine opportunities in life. I want her to associate with the very best of people. I googled you. I know you are on the board of Barrington Academy. I want you to get Mary in there.

Richard: You don't even live in Maryland.

Matilda: Well with that generous allowance of yours I sense a move in my near future. Now do you agree to my condition ? Or do I have to tell sonny boy that his posh wanker of a husband is intimidating me ?

Richard: Deal. But all you get is the allowance and her tuition paid. No more from me or him. Do you understand? And you better keep being an adoring mother to him or else.

Matilda: Or else what?

Richard: You'll find out if you ever hurt him.