Episode 32

Spencer was sitting in the living room watching The Rich and The Beautiful on the tv's Hulu app. He would never have dreamed he would actually ever watch something such as a soap opera but during his recent recovery from the shooting his boredom had lead him to it. Ànd in the midst of back from the dead characters , near death experiences, baby switches and madcap love triangles he was frankly becoming addicted to it. It was becoming his new ritual to wait until the children and DuBuis were in bed so he could turn on the show and just lose himself in it. Yes , it was a  ridiculous farce but he loved it, he reluctantly admitted as he sat in his wheelchair and lost himself in the fictional world of Portersville.

Which was why he was slightly annoyed when his husband came striding into the living room that night and paused the show. Then DuBuis turned on the stereo system and played their favorite song A Whole New World.  Spencer felt sad whenever he heard it.

The very first dance he had had with DuBuis was to this song at their wedding eight years ago.

When he could still walk.

" DuBuis, what are you doing? Violet was about to reveal that she actually switched the paternity tests for Countess Babe ! "

DuBuis smiled softly at him and approached him in the chair, reaching out for his hand. " I thought we should practice dancing. You know since we're chaperoning this thing on Friday. "

Spencer swallowed hard. " You know I can't dance. Anymore. What are you talking about?"

" There's more than one way to dance. "

Before Spencer could ask his husband exactly what he meant the big man gently picked him up from his wheelchair. Just lifted him up as though he was some type of delicate and fragile package. Spencer gasped softly and then relaxed gradually as DuBuis held him so carefully within his arms.

Then they proceeded to " dance ". Him and DuBuis. DuBuis held him as he swayed around the room to the sound of the love song.

Spencer closed his eyes and rested his head on DuBuis's chest , his arms wrapped securely around his husband's body. " I love you, sweetie," he whispered.

" I love you too, Genius. I miss dancing with you. Remember our wedding? "

Spencer smiled softly. " I do. "

" I remember that too. You made me so happy when you said I do. I love you and I will never leave you. And I'll never let you go again. And we'll always find a way to dance. "