Episode 22

When I pass from this world remember me

In the teacher lounge at Barrington Academy a small group of the teachers were arguing quietly about what happened to young Sidnei Chou. " I don't believe it could be drug related," Lyle Peters kept saying over and over again as though he was trying to convince himself. He kept seeing his favorite student Sidnei in his science and earth studies class. She was always in the front row, the first to raise her hand and her answer was usually right. The only student of his that came closer to being as smart and dedicated to learning was Luci Moore. Sidnei had wanted to be a heart surgeon one day. She wanted to go to Harvard. She had so much promise , he thought with tears filling his brown eyes. They all had promise. It couldn't be drugs ? Could it ? He had seen drugs and more growing up in Project W in Southeast DC ; one the  rare White kids living and surviving there. He wasn't naive. He knew it could happen anywhere but why would these kids with the whole world at their fingertips reach for drugs of all things? " It has to be a mistake. Or something natural. "

Penelope Perkins Hightower, the English teacher and headmaster's wife who always rankled Lyle a little with her condescending attitude, laughed coolly at him, saying," She was twelve. Do you think she passed away in her sleep of a heart attack? Who are you caring, Lyle? You're as naive as Gerald. "

            When I pass mourn me

Kate Chou collapsed into her best friend Nancy Woo's waiting arms and sobbed in her elegant living room as her husband Avery paced the length of the floor with an look of pure fury on his plain but distinguished face.

          When it's my time save me

Sidnei Chou's bedroom full of science posters and stuffed animals was currently overcrowded with lab techs, morgue attendants and cops including Nita Browne and Faith Lane who both stood gloved and ready over the dead body of a young girl that had not even begun to live yet.

Nita shook her head. " They get younger and younger. Makes me glad I don't have kids. "

Faith didn't respond. She knelt beside the girl and looked at her still pale face. She picked up the plastic baggie of cocaine by her outstretched hand and peered at it.

Her wife and narcotics detective Melinda Velez stood by her and knelt down to whisper in her ear ," You know this is your damn cousin. It's Bullet fucking Lane. "

Of course she knew that, she thought as rage filled her heart. Just like she knew it was him that had shot up her brother's house and shot Theodore Rochester in the shoulder. She knew it. They all knew it. But how to prove it ?

When it's my time protect me

Gerald Hightower sat behind his immense antique desk in his large elegantly decorated office with his big beefy hands resting on his large red face. His eyes stared at the gold framed picture of the very first graduating class at Barrington Academy back in 1900.

" There is no drugs at my school," he mumbled to himself but deep  in his heart even he didn't believe that.