Episode 45

Angel Anderson rolled over in his double bed and hit something hard. His blue eyes popped open and he stared groggily over at the sleeping face of........ Lyle Peters.

Shit. He sat up and ran his hands down his face and wanted to laugh. Images of last night zipped through his mind as though it was a movie.

Picking up Lyle at his townhouse. The man had been even more attractive in person than his Harts and Flowers profile picture. His ash blond hair had been softer and more wavy to the point that Angel had wanted to run his fingers through it. His brown eyes had been so sweet and shy. Almost innocent looking. He was forty but seemed so much younger than that. He had been wearing the most God awful outfit last night; a grey sweater vest over a red and black checked button down shirt and beige dress pants, but on him it was oddly cute.  They had eaten at Cafe J and Joe had actually met Lyle. His cousin had turned on his usual man shark charms, trying to flirt with Lyle, but the man seemed so oblivious to it all. Which had not endeared his cousin to him. Not at all. Joe Jacobs hated rejection. Not that he was rejected all that much. The man was a walking condom ad. They had had so much in common. Way more than he and Hank had actually. Everything from music to movies to similar taste in books.

He remembered talking to the man and laughing with him for what seemed like hours until Joe and the server reminded them it was closing time. But he hadn't wanted the date to end. And neither had Lyle.

So he invited him home for wine and to listen to jazz on the stereo.

Three glasses of red wine and he was kissing those soft sweet pink lips of Lyle's. They tasted like the wine and the chickpeas he had eaten earlier at dinner. For some reason chickpeas was now his favorite flavor.

The man was not a virgin, he thought as he looked at him sprawled on the bed on his belly with his almost endearingly pasty white ass peeking out from underneath the cotton sheet.

" Shit," he murmured. He did want a relationship but he was not sure he wanted exactly what Lyle Peters wanted from him.

It was obvious from conversations last night that the man was looking for forever, marriage, kids , a little house with a white picket fence. And Angel knew that was hardly what he wanted. Yet.

Yet.

Yet , he thought as he watched the man's eyes flutter open with groggy surprised wonder, he still wanted this man.

Please, God, he silently prayed, please don't let this man get hurt.