Chapter 5: Moving On

Mia's POV

*A Few Days Later*

"I think I fucked up." I said, taking a sip of my latte.

"What do you mean?" My best friend Claire asked me. We were sitting at Starbucks after work. We hadn't seen each other in a little bit so we wanted to catch up.

"I slept with a guy on Saturday and I can't get him out of my head." I said, shaking my head.

"Ooh, was he that good?" She asked with a smirk.

"No clue, I was too damn drunk. I spent the night at his house." I laughed.

"Oh girl, you were wasted!" Claire laughed.

"From what I do remember, he was funny and smart and he was so attractive."

"Ugh, I need you to start using dating apps so I can see pictures of these guys!" She laughed. "You know you don't have to stay committed to a life of loneliness and hook-ups. You can fall for a guy like a normal person."

"Nope, I refuse to get hurt again." I said, shaking my head.

"Has there ever been a guy that's made you feel this way?"

"No! That's why this is so weird!"

"Sounds like someone fell for love at first sight." She smirked.

"Pursuing something with him is out of the question because I didn't even get his phone number. I don't even know his last name. He said he doesn't drink much so I doubt I'll see him at the bar again. It's useless to be hung up on him which is why I'm so frustrated that I am!" I complained.

"He doesn't drink? Oh girl, drop him!"

"I'm trying! He's all I think about!"

"Have you tried sleeping with someone else?"

"I'm going to try this weekend. What if that doesn't work Claire?"

"Then it's time for some good old fashioned stalking."

"Claire! My misery is not funny!"

"Poor wittle Mia, she's hung up on a hot guy." Claire mocked me.

"You are ridiculous." I laughed, rolling my eyes.

***

That weekend, I went to another bar, desperately needing to get over Andy. I sat and scanned the room. No matter how many guys I looked at, something in the back of my mind was hoping I would find Andy. 

I talked to a few different guys, but none of them were doing it for me. I didn't have any desire to go home with these guys. Since when was I so picky? Why is this so hard? Why can't I just force myself to go through with it?

"Let's get out of here." The guy I was talking to suggested with a smirk. I think his name was Conrad? I don't know, I'm too far into the conversation to ask for his name again. I was too deep in my own thoughts to truly listen to what he was saying.

"Yes." I said, forcing a smile and taking a deep breath. I just had to rip it off like a band-aid. I'll sleep with someone else and totally forget about Andy. We got into an Uber and went to his place. He led me to his apartment and we went to his room, making out and shedding our clothes. I was laying in the bed, waiting for him to put on a condom, when I realized I couldn't go through with this. 

"I'm sorry, I need to go." I said, sitting up and starting to get dressed again.

"Was it something I said?" He asked.

"No. Sorry. Goodbye." I said, shaking my head. I got dressed and rushed out of his apartment, calling an Uber on my way down the stairs. I stood on the curb, worried he would come after me. My Uber picked me up and drove me home. I undressed and got in the shower, feeling dirty. Once I finally felt clean, I got out and dried myself off. I pulled on some comfy pajamas and climbed into bed.

I'm screwed.

***********************************************************************

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought!

Comments and votes let me know you are enjoying the story!