Chapter 14: Oh, How Don't You Drown in a Rainstorm?

Mia's POV

*One Week Later*

"Are you going to tell anyone?" Claire asked as we waited for our plane to arrive at the gate.

"No, not yet," I sighed, rubbing my stomach through the baggy hoodie I was wearing.

"Mia," Claire sighed.

"I will, just not this week. I'll tell them at Christmas. It'll be my free Christmas present to my mom," I chuckled. 

"I'm surprised Andy's not here with you."

"We're not in a relationship Claire, we don't need to do the whole awkward meeting the parents thing. Our parents will meet when the baby is born and that's enough."

"Okayyyy," she sang as we stood up and left our seats. Claire and I flew home to Memphis for Thanksgiving like we do every year. Our parents pick us up at baggage claim so we don't have to spend money on a rental car. We don't see each other again until we arrive at the airport for our flight home.

The two of us walked through the airport and saw our parents standing at baggage claim. I saw my mom clap happily as we descended the escalator. We walked up to them and my mom hugged me while Claire's mom hugged her. I hugged my dad and then greeted Claire's parents. I was having to give awkward hugs to avoid anyone feeling my bump. It wasn't huge yet, but definitely different from my normal figure.

"I'll get your bag," my dad said, heading to the carousel, Claire's dad following him.

"How was your flight?" my mom asked.

"Fine," I shrugged. We stood in silence until our dads came back with our bags. The six of us left the airport and I said goodbye to Claire as we went out separate ways with our families. I loaded my suitcase into the trunk as my parents climbed into the front seats. I got into the backseat, scrolling through my phone as my parents drove. Suddenly, my phone buzzed with a text message.

Andy~ Did you land safely?

Me~ Yes, I'm in the car with my parents

Andy~ Have fun :)

I felt a small smile spread on my face. As soon as it hit my face, I wiped it off my face, not wanting to spark any questions for my mom. We got to their house and I carried my suitcase up to my old room. I sat on the bed, looking around at the walls. My parents had transformed my childhood bedroom into a neutral guest room. The once lavender walls were now painted a cream color. My twin bed was removed and in it's place was a queen sized bed with a white comforter. I laid on my back and stared at the ceiling, my eyes moving with the ceiling fan. Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

"Mia," I heard a soft voice. I opened my eyes to see my mom standing at the door. I was still draped on the bed, my feet hanging off the side. The room was darker, telling me the sun had started to disappear into the night. I quickly sat up, worried that my bump could be seen from my position on the bed.

"Yes?" I asked, smoothing out my hair.

"Your siblings are here and we're about to go to dinner. Are you coming?" She asked.

"Yeah," I nodded, standing up. "Let me just change," I said and she nodded, closing the door. I decided to keep my hoodie but change out of my sweats. I pulled on a pair of jeans and pulled my hair brush out, getting rid of the tangles that had formed in my sleep. I pulled on my converse and then left my bedroom. I walked downstairs to see my siblings crowding around the front door.