Chapter 4: One Night Only

Andy's POV

I woke up and groaned out loud. My head was pounding. A feeling I hadn't felt in years that was all too familiar. I didn't want to open my eyes, knowing the light coming in the window would feel like a knife to my brain. After laying for a few minutes, I decided I was unable to fall back asleep, so I regretfully opened my eyes. I cringed, slowly sitting up. 

I looked over to see an empty spot next to me. I frowned and then shook my head. It was a one night stand, nothing more. Someone to help me move on. Now, I needed to move on. From Juliet, and from Mia.

I dragged myself out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I turned on the shower and took some pain meds before climbing in under the warm water. I stood under the water for a good five minutes, feeling all the emotions I felt last night wash off of me. I eventually washed my hair and my body, stepping out once I was done. 

I reached for my towel and dried my hair first before my body. I hung my towel back up and walked into my bedroom. I pulled on a clean pair of sweats and a loose T-Shirt, my headache slowly starting to go away. I grabbed my phone and went out to my living room, sitting on the couch. I looked down at my phone and called CC.

"Hey! You're awake!"

"Last night is coming back in flashes." I said, holding my aching head. "I am never drinking again. I mean it."

"You did really good! I mean, you took her home with you and that was the goal."

"I-I don't think I'm ready to move on." I said, shaking my head.

"What do you mean?" He asked, shocked.

"I-I can't stop thinking about Mia."

"Andy." He sighed. "That's your problem. You love too hard, too deep. You fall too fast. She is now officially old news. Now, you can start looking for your perfect person."

"What if she was my perfect person and I'm never going to see her again?"

"Andy, let her go! She was a pawn in your healing journey."

"CC, that's horrible! She's a person. A-A woman! She deserves respect."

"I can guarantee there was no respect shown to her last night." CC laughed.

"CC!"

"Last night was just sex, Andy. Dirty, meaningless, borderline shameful sex! Look, watch something on TV and get your mind off of last night. We'll meet up later this week and get you signed up for some dating apps."

"Fine." I sighed.

"I believe there's a few words I haven't heard from you yet." 

"Excuse me." I asked.

"I believe the words are, 'Thank You CC'." He said smugly.

"Thank you CC." I groaned.

"Well, you definitely didn't mean it, but I'll take it."

"CC, thank you for getting me out there. For helping me. Even though, I think a new host of problems have been created." I groaned.

"Oh you anxious little gazelle. Have a good day Andy."

"Bye CC." I said and hung up. I grabbed the TV remote and flipped through the channels, finally settling on something, but not really interested. How am I going to get my mind off of this girl?

********************************************************************************

Sorry for another short chapter!

I promise the whole story won't be flipping back and forth between their point of views!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought! 

Comments and votes help me know you are enjoying the story!