Chapter 15: Thanksgiving

Mia's POV

The next morning, I woke up with the sun streaming into my window. I stretched my limbs and stood up, scratching an itch on my side. I walked to my suitcase and pulled out my outfit for the day and picked up my toiletry bag, heading across the hall to the bathroom. I turned the knob but it didn't open. I listened closer and heard the shower running. I groaned and went back to my room, sitting on my bed. I looked at my phone and saw I had a text.

Andy~ Happy Thanksgiving!🦃

Me~ Happy Thanksgiving!

 I smiled at the silly turkey emoji he had sent. I played a game on my phone until I heard the bathroom door open. 

I jumped up and raced out of my room to see Paige walking back to her room. My hand had just touched the gold doorknob when I was knocked on my ass. I looked up to see my brother laughing as he slammed the bathroom door behind him.

"UGH! ARCHER!" I yelled, kicking the door. I just heard laughter in return. I laid flat on the ground, staring up at the ceiling.

"Mia?" my mom questioned from downstairs.

"Archer stole the bathroom from me!" I whined. I felt like I was fifteen again.

"Just come use mine," she said. I sighed and stood up, gathering my things. I walked downstairs and into her bedroom. I walked into the master bathroom and set my things on the sink. I turned on the shower and undressed while I waited for it to heat up. Once the water was to a temperature of my liking, I stepped in and felt the water run over my body, taking a moment to relax my muscles. I washed my hair and then scrubbed my body, washing off the soap. I got out and wrapped a fluffy towel around my body. I dried my hair with a second towel and piled it on top of my head to dry.

I grabbed my outfit and pulled it on, looking at myself from multiple angles to make sure it hid my bump. I had done this when I was packing, but I wanted to double check. I was wearing a loose black dress that stopped just above my knees. I know black isn't necessarily very holiday appropriate, but you know what they say, black is slimming. The sleeves went down to my elbows. As an extra attempt to disguise my bump, the dress had a black tie around the waist.

I took my hair out of the towel and plugged in my mom's hair dryer, brushing my hair as it dried

I took my hair out of the towel and plugged in my mom's hair dryer, brushing my hair as it dried. Once it was dry, I grabbed my mom's curling iron and curled it. I applied neutral makeup with a winged eyeliner and red lips. I was hoping my face was enough to distract people from my changing body. I finished getting ready and then gathered my things, leaving the bathroom. I went back up to my room, shoulder checking Archer as I passed by him. I dumped my things onto my bed and then went back downstairs.

"How can I help?" I asked, walking into the kitchen and putting on an apron. I spent the morning helping my mom, sister, and Paige cook dinner. My family slowly started to arrive, more help arriving to the kitchen.