Chapter 19: House Hunting

Mia's POV

*One Week Later*

I was sitting on my couch when my phone rang. I looked at my phone and saw Andy's name flash across the screen. I answered it and put it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey Mia, uhm, I was going to go look at houses today and wanted to know if you wanted to go with me? Maybe help me make a decision?" Andy asked.

"Houses?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I used to have a house here in LA, but sold it when my ex and I moved to Tampa. After the divorce, I just got an apartment since it was just me. I figured my kid deserves a backyard, so I might as well go look at some houses. See if something catches my eye."

"Why do you need me to go?" I asked.

"I mean, it's where your kid will be spending half of their time. I figured you might want a say in where they live?"

"I trust you to make a good decision. I mean, you're the one who has to live there."

"Yeah," he said, almost like he let out a sigh. Did he really want me to go that bad? "Sorry to bother you, I'll let you know if I find anything."

"Okay, bye Andy," I said and hung up. I don't know if it's just my emotional pregnant brain, but it sounded like he was almost disappointed that I wasn't going with him. I called Claire, figuring she could get my mind off of the phone call.

"Hello?" Claire answered.

"Hi! I just got the weirdest call from Andy. He wanted me to go look at his houses with him."

"What?" Claire questioned.

"Yeah, he wanted to move in to a house so our kid has a backyard. I told him no because I don't feel like I need to be there, but he almost sounded disappointed."

"Of course he was disappointed, he likes you Mia!"

"What? How do you know?"

"He's jumping into this fatherhood role with both feet. He was ready before the DNA test came in. He's buying a house and asking for your opinion. He's hoping you'll live there someday! He wants a little family! It's cute!" she gushed.

"I don't even know why I called you, of course you can't be realistic about anything. He doesn't like me, he doesn't even know me! We both agreed we're not looking for a relationship."

"You are so naïve, Mia," she sighed. "If you want to live in your delusion, go ahead. A man doesn't just ask someone to go house hunting with him for funsies. Men aren't that complicated. He wants you to have his babies! Oh wait, you are!" she said with a laugh.

"Are you proud of yourself for that one?" I asked, unamused.

"Yes," she said. I could practically hear her smug smile through the phone.

"Goodbye Claire!"

"Goodbye Mrs. Biersack," she said and I quickly hung up, rolling my eyes.

***

I was cooking dinner when my phone buzzed. I looked and saw Andy had texted me.

Andy~ Found a house and put an offer on it!

He sent me a picture of a one story home. The exterior was covered in brown siding. There was a three car garage and the front door was to the right of the house. He sent me a few more pictures of the inside. From what I could tell, it had 3 bedrooms and two bathrooms.

 From what I could tell, it had 3 bedrooms and two bathrooms

Mia~ Looks good! Hope you get it!

Andy~ I'll have to bring you by for a tour :)

**************************************************************************

Do you think Claire's right about Andy liking Mia? Should Mia have gone house hunting with him?

Please comment and let me know what you thought!

Comments and votes let me know you are enjoying the story!