Chapter 38: We Don't Have To Talk

Mia's POV

*One Month Later*

"Please stop crying," I begged out loud as I attempted to rock Kendyll to sleep. She had been crying for an hour and I was at my wits end. I had fed her, changed her, did everything in my power to get her to relax. 

Finally, her crying lessened as I watched her fall asleep. Her crying ceased as I heard the soft breathing of her slumber. I let out a sigh as I carefully placed her in her bassinet. Andy had offered to help every ten minutes for the last hour, but I kept telling him to go away. I was her mother. I can get her to stop crying.

I tiptoed out of the room, closing the door but leaving it open a crack. I went to the living room where Andy was sitting. I collapsed on the couch and let out a quiet groan.

"My brain is mush," I complained out loud.

"You could've tagged me in," Andy said.

"I'm her mother. I can get her to stop crying," I snapped and then corrected myself. "I'm sorry, I'm just so tired," I said, shaking my head.

"Why don't you go take a nap in my bed," he offered since Kendyll was sleeping in my room.

"I'm fine," I said.

"Mia, you're here so I can help you take care of Kendyll. Accept my help."

"I will when I need it. I can handle a crying baby."

"It's okay to need a break," Andy said. I was about to respond to Andy when Kendyll started crying again. I threw my head into my hands, feeling myself on the verge of tears. "I've got her," Andy said, patting my knee before standing up and disappearing down the hallway. 

After taking a moment to compose myself, I got up and peered around the corner. I watched as Andy made slow circles around the room, cooing softly to Kendyll as he tried to get her to stop crying. I felt a small smile creep on my face, my heart fluttering in my chest.

There's nothing more attractive to me than watching Andy take care of our daughter. I thought the feelings I was developing for him during my pregnancy was due to the increase of hormones my body was experiencing. I'm still trying to attribute my feelings to the hormones, but my hormone level is starting to decrease while my feelings and attraction are starting to increase.

I went back to the couch, staring at the ceiling as I listened to my daughter. I started to cry, feeling helpless. What kind of mother can't even get her own child to stop crying? I tugged on my hair as I felt sobs rack through my body.

I felt arms wrap around me as I cried, struggling to catch my breath. A hand was rubbing small circles on my back as another hand stroked my hair. I opened my eyes and recognized Andy's figure. I clutched onto him as I cried. I felt my breathing start to calm as I started to relax. Andy pulled back from me and grabbed my shoulders, looking into my eyes.

"What is wrong?" he asked with concern.

"I'm a horrible mother. I can't even get my daughter to stop crying and I can't be a source of comfort and-" my rant was stopped by Andy pressing his lips to mine. I froze before melting into the kiss. After a few seconds he pulled away, a scared look in his eyes. Before I knew it, he was carrying me down the hallway. He carried me into his bedroom and laid me in his bed. He pulled the covers over me and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Get some sleep," he said before leaving the room.

********************************************************************

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought!

Comments and votes let me know you are enjoying the story! Don't be a ghost reader! <3