Chapter 6: Record Scratch, Steve Miller Band

Mia's POV

*One Week Later*

In an attempt to forget about Andy, I've buried myself in work. I'm working late and even coming in on the weekends. I've taken on a few extra projects and am absolutely drowning, but I think it's working. I haven't really thought about Andy, or any guy for that matter.

"Hello?" I answered my phone as I shuffled through some papers.

"Come out with me tonight." Claire said.

"Can't, I have work."

"Mia, it's a Saturday."

"I've picked up some extra projects."

"Are you kidding me? You of all people don't want to go out on the town?"

"I can't Claire. Not until I forget about Andy."

"Oh my god, Mia. Are you seriously still hung up on him?"

"Yes! I don't know what's wrong. I'm not about to go out and fail at the only thing I've been good at for the last two years."

"You don't have to go home with someone tonight! Just come get some drinks with me."

"Not tonight, Mia. I'm sorry, I've already committed to these projects."

"Ugh! You're killing me!"

"Sorry!"

"I wish you had something besides a first name to go off of, I'd put my cyber stalking skills to use." She laughed.

"Yeah, well the whole point of only getting a first name is so there's no strings attached. Obviously, something is wrong with my brain."

"Did you get any information about his wingman? Maybe he could be of use."

"His name is Chris."

"Oh my god, Mia. Really? Andy and Chris? Those are the most basic names ever."

"I know!" I groaned.

"Well, I'm going to head out. Let me know if you change your mind." She said and hung up. I sighed and threw my head back, letting out a groan.

Andy's POV

"Have you looked at your matches recently?" CC asked as we sat in the lounge of the tour bus.

"That would mean I'd have to open the app."

"Andy!" He whined.

"I told you, I'm not ready CC. I was with Juliet before online dating became popular. I feel like an old man on that app."

"What exactly is happening?" Jinxx questioned.

"Andy sucks at one night stands." CC laughed.

"Ugh, CC!" I groaned.

"Were you not able to get laid? That's shocking." Lonny said.

"No, he was." CC smirked and I glared at him. He sat and looked at me, rolling his eyes. "If you're not going to tell them, I am. He's hung up on the girl he went home with. He has literally no information about her besides her first name. I'm trying to help him move on but he is so stubborn!"

"Come on dude, tour is the best time to get laid. It's the easiest way to sleep with someone with no way to get attached because they live in a whole different state!" Jake said.

"I think we've figured out that one night stands are not for me." I said. "I don't know why I can't get this girl out of my mind. She was so beautiful and confident and, oh my god!" I said, stomping my foot out of frustration. "Fuck this, I'm going to lay down. Wake me when it's time for sound check." I said, getting up and going to the bunks. I laid in my bunk and sighed, staring at the bottom of the bunk above me.

I picked up my phone and opened the stupid dating app CC signed me up for. I started scrolling through, something on each profile turning me off. After 2 minutes, I shut it off and groaned, frustrated.

Maybe I just need to focus on tour. Maybe that will help get my mind off of Mia. I mean, it's got to, right? It seems to be my only option.

*********************************************************************

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought!

Comments and votes let me know you are enjoying the story!