Chapter 36: This Is Hell, Yes

Andy's POV

I was sitting in Mia's hospital room, scrolling on my phone while she slept. I heard the door to the room open and picked up my head to see a nurse walking in, rolling a bassinet.

"Hi!" she said in a cheery whisper. "Are you ready for baby?" she asked, gesturing to Kendyll in the bassinet.

"Yeah," I smiled, standing up and walking over to her. She helped me hold her the correct way and then gave me a few pieces of information about basic care.

"Feel free to press the call button if you need help," she said and left. I looked down at my daughter and smiled at her tiny face.

"Hi baby girl," I cooed quietly, trying not to wake Mia. She had the perfect mix of mine and Mia's features. She was perfect. She was mine. I stared down at her for what felt like way too long, unable to tear my eyes away from her beautiful face. I was still in shock that I was a father.

"I'm your daddy and I love you so much," I said as I stroked her cheek with my thumb. I walked over to the window, trying to stay away from Mia so I wouldn't wake her. "You are so perfect and I promise I will take care of you and always fight for you," I said, using my shoulder to wipe away a happy tear.

I held her little body close, still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I was in charge of this little life. I was going to raise her, be there for her milestones, teach her right from wrong. You would think I would've spent the last 8 months preparing, but I guess I didn't. I guess it didn't really hit me until she was actually here.

"I'm sorry you're being born into an incomplete family. I hope to make it complete some day. I love your mommy, I really do," I said. I hadn't told anyone about my true feelings for Mia. Not even CC. I didn't want it getting back to her and scaring her off. Even though we've never dated, I feel love for her. It's such a strong feeling and I don't know how much longer I can keep it from Mia.

Mia's POV

I opened my eyes, blinking a few times to be able to see straight. I saw a figure standing at the window and noticed it was Andy. I saw him holding a small bundle that I could only assume was Kendyll. I smiled at the image in front of me. She's only a few hours old and he's already such a good dad. I heard all of the compliments he was giving her and how sweetly he was cooing to her.

"I love your mommy, I really do," I heard him say. My eyes went wide and I felt an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach. Love? I knew Andy had feelings for me, but I never knew it was love. I always thought it was a little crush, that he liked me. Love? We've never had anything resembling a romantic relationship, there's no way that he loves me.

Andy turned and walked to sit in the chair next to my bed. He noticed I was awake and smiled at me.

"Hi," he greeted.

"Hi," I said with a small smile.

"Do you want to hold her?" he asked and I nodded. He smiled and placed the newborn in my arms.

"Oh my god, she's perfect," I said, stroking her cheek.

"I know, a perfect mix of us," Andy said with a smile as he sat in the chair next to my bed.

"I can't believe I'm a mom," I said, shaking my head.

"I know, eight months was apparently not long enough for me to wrap my head around the idea of being a father. I feel like I'm in shock, like this is a dream."

"I'm glad I'm not the only one," I laughed. As I held my daughter, that word still bounced around in my brain. Love? Andy loves me?

******************************************************************

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought!

Comments and votes let me know you are enjoying the story! Don't be a ghost reader! <3