Chapter 32: Names

Chapter 32: Names

Mia's POV

*Two Weeks Later*

"Taylor?" I suggested and Andy shook his head.

"Elizabeth?"

"No, Sarah?"

"Too common, Emma?"

"Ugh! This is hopeless!" I groaned, throwing my hands up in the air. Andy was at my apartment and we were trying to come up with a baby name. My baby shower was in about two weeks and I wanted to be able to reveal the name then. Plus, I just didn't want this decision hanging over me anymore.

"We've got time, Mia."

"I don't want to wait any longer! We have so many decisions to make and this should be the easiest one! I just want this to be off our plates!"

"Okay, well if you're wanting to alleviate the amount of decisions we have to make, how about I make a suggestion? I think you and the baby should stay at my house after she's born. I can set you up in the guest room and you can stay there as long as you need until we don't both need to be caretakers simultaneously." Andy said.

"I don't know," I sighed, a nervous feeling popping up in my stomach. 

"It just makes the most sense in my head. I mean, you're in a two bedroom apartment, and one of those will be set up as her nursery. I really would rather not sleep on the couch for an extended period of time."

"I guess it does make the most sense," I said quietly, knowing I would feel weird to be staying at his house.

"You have time to think about it, but that's what I think we should do."

"Okay," I said, nodding a little. We sat in silence until I let out a loud gasp.

"What? What is it? Is it the baby?" Andy asked, resting his hand on my bump, a concerned look on his face.

"I've got it!" I exclaimed, a smile spreading across my face.

"What?" Andy asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Kendyll," I said proudly.

"Huh?" he asked, obviosuly still confused.

"Our baby's name! Kendyll!"

"Oh," he said and I could see he was thinking. "I like it," he finally said.

"Great, name. Now we need a middle name," I said, rubbing my chin with my fingers.

"How about Marissa?" Andy suggested.

"I like it! Kendyll Marissa!"

"It's perfect," Andy smiled.

"Yay!" I clapped happily, ecstatic to finally have one thing crossed off of the list.

"I'm gonna run to the bathroom real quick," Andy said, standing up and disappearing down the hall. I heard the bathroom door close and I played with a thread on the couch. I heard a notification go off of Andy's phone and I couldn't help myself, I glanced at the lock screen.

Hannah sent you a new message

I noticed the logo was Tinder. I let out a sigh and leaned back over to my side of the couch. I don't know why I'm upset he's still on dating apps. Maybe I was hoping he would delete them to focus on our baby. But, he's single, we're not together, he has every right to pursue other people. God, I hate this.

Andy returned to the living room and I scooted to the corner of the couch. Andy sat down and let out a sigh.

"What now?" Andy asked.

"I don't know, don't you have to go see Hannah?" I asked, the words leaving my mouth before I realized I was saying them.

"What?" Andy asked with a slight chuckle. I sighed and gestured to his phone. He looked at his lock screen and saw the same notification that I had seen earlier. A smile spread across my face, causing my stomach to twist in knots. So, this Hannah is someone he's been talking to. He smiled at her notification.

"Is someone jealous?" he teased with a smirk. My face quickly turned into a confused look.

"Woah, wait, huh? Me? No?" I said quickly. Smooth Mia, totally convincing.

"Oh, you're totally jealous," he said, beginning to laugh. "I have no clue who this is, look," he said, opening the message and showing me that she was the first one to send a message.

"I'm sorry," I said quietly, looking down at the couch. "Are you talking to other girls though?" I asked.

"No," he said truthfully. "I may have spent some time swiping when I was bored on the bus, but I never entertained anything."

"Okay," I said.

"But, if I wanted to try to start with someone, I'd have every right to do so. We aren't together," he reminded me.

"I know," I said softly.

"I am focusing all of my attention on Kendyll. I don't want to have to spend time and energy on building a new relationship while also trying to spend time and energy with our daughter. Look, I'll delete the app right now," he said, pulling up his home screen and deleting the app.

"Okay," I said.

"I should be getting home, bye Mia."

"Bye," I said as he walked out of my apartment.

**********************************************************************

What do we think of the name?

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought!

Comments and votes let me know you are enjoying the story! Don't be a ghost reader! <3