Chapter 25: You're Never Gonna Get It

Mia's POV

"Mia," I heard Andy's voice paired with a knock at the door. I got up from the bed and opened it to see him standing awkwardly on the other side.

"Yes?"

"We're leaving for dinner in about five minutes."

"Okay," I said, walking out of the room and closing the door. Andy and I went down the stairs and sat on the couch, waiting for his parents. Once they were ready, we all got into the car and drove in silence to the restaurant. We were seated and spent a few minutes looking at the menu. We ordered and then turned out attention to each other.

"Well Mia, Andy told us you were pretty but he definitely didn't express just how beautiful you are!" his mom exclaimed.

"Mom!" Andy snapped.

"Thank you," I said with a small giggle.

"Your daughter is going to be gorgeous with a mix of both of your genes!"

"Mommmm!" Andy groaned, throwing his head back.

"So Mia, what do you do for work?" Andy's dad asked.

"I'm a corporate manager, nothing too exciting but I make a decent salary," I shrugged.

"Well, nothing is quite as exciting compared to Andy's job," his dad laughed.

"Andy said you flew in today from visiting family in Memphis? What brought you to California?" his mom asked.

"I just needed a change. I had lived in Memphis my whole life, both of my siblings had moved, so I figured I should too. My childhood best friend was moving to LA, so I decided to follow her."

"Ooh, you have siblings?" her mom asked.

"Yes ma'am. I have an older sister who's married and has a 3 year old daughter, she lives in Alabama. I also have a younger brother who is getting married in the fall, he moved to a suburb of Memphis."

We spent the rest of the dinner with Andy's parents asking me different questions. I felt bad about hijacking his birthday dinner, but every time i looked at him, he just had a smile on his face.

"Well, we are so excited about our little granddaughter!" his mom said.

"Yeah, my sister is super excited, probably the most in my entire family. The shock is finally starting to wear off for me and I'm starting to get excited," I said. We finished dinner and went back to their house. Andy and I decided to go to bed, the two of us heading up the stairs.

"Happy birthday," I said as I opened the door to my room.

"Thanks," he smiled. I walked into my room and closed the door. I decided to sleep in the same shirt but change into a pair of flannel pajama pants. I pulled my hair into a ponytail, took off my makeup, and got into bed. I was scrolling through my phone, still feeling bad that dinner was nearly all about me when it was for Andy's birthday. I sighed and got up, leaving my room and going to his. I knocked lightly, staring down at my feet.

"Come in!" Andy called. I opened the door and walked in. He was laying in bed, phone in hand. "What's up?" he asked, putting his phone done and sitting up. My eyes quickly shifted to his shirtless chest before looking back at his face.

"I'm sorry about tonight," I said with a small sigh.

"What do you mean?"

"It was your birthday dinner and all of the attention was on me. I shouldn't have come, I'm sorry."